Thread: rosannereid

Post Thanks / Like
    hi everyone,
    just new to all this, we are going to florida next month (aug 30th) for 2 weeks for the first time, staying on international drive.
    my husband is in the royal air force and currently in afganistan so it is going to be a well deserved family holiday with our 5 year old.
    we are lookin at not hiring a car whilst we are there, does anyone think we will need to ?
    any tips or info would be good as we are all so exited.
    we are staying ant the extended stay deluxe on i drive

Post Thanks / Like
    oh hi there Rosanne, a well deserved holiday indeed

personally i would rent a car but i've never stayed on i drive so i don't know whether it's necessary or not! helpful aren't i?!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and Welcome!! It's great that you are able to have a holiday together. It is more than well deserved!

Yes, I'm going to tell you that you'll really be much better off with your own car. If you intend to visit parks, especially. The cab fares mount fast and there is no really great public transport other than the public buses (and I've never used those). However, there are folks here that visit and never hire a rental car!

I Drive does have the I Drive Trolley and that is quite nice (and cheap) but won't take you much beyond I Drive.

Hope that helps a bit!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roseanne and welcome to Secrets.

We've never stayed anywhere except villas, so we have always hired a car - we like to be able to come and go as we please.

Hope you have such a wonderful time

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    , glad to have you! If you were staying on-site at Disney you may not require a car but if you're doing a wide range of things like Universal, shopping, Disney Parks ect. it would be much cheaper and more convienient.

Post Thanks / Like
    YOU CAN DO IT WITH OUT A CAR IF YOUR HOTEL PROVIDES BUSES TO THE PARKS BUT NOT VERY EASY I WOULD HAVE A CAR EVERYTIME THE WHOLE AREA IS SO BIG! YOU COULD SPEND A LOT OF TIME ON BUSES GOING TO HOTEL TO HOTEL PICKING PEOPLE UP THEN GOING TO THE PARKS.IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME I HOPE YOU ENJOY AS MUCH WE DO, GOOK LUCK

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there Rosanne!

Post Thanks / Like
    Firstly hello and welcome,
    Our first trip to Orlando was back in 2003 and we stayed in a hotel on
    I-Drive, we didn't have a car and managed ok without it, we used the free transport from the hotel and the odd bus or taxi if we went shoppping.
    We used the free bus that went to Seaworld walked across the road and then got on the Lynx bus which took us to the main Disney transport centre, you will find you are spending alot of time on buses but if your not happy to drive then it's your best option.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi and welcome i would definately hire a car it gives you a lot of freedomto go where and when you want

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"