Thread: The Official "I hate New York and Connecticut" Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    This past weekend I had to make an emergency trip to Massachusetts. My uncle (81), whom I hadn't seen in 12 years is gravely ill and though I'm going up there in August anyway, they don't expect him to hold on to then.

I left home on Friday morning at 5:50AM (right in the middle of DC rush hour), yet I made really good time and got to the George Washington Bridge (the entrance from New Jersey to New York on I-95) in right at 5 hours. Two hours later I had managed to travel exactly 12 miles. I finally got into Connecticut and up to speed but what do I spy; a sign that says traffic is backed up for the next 14 miles. Yep, right on the money, 14 miles and more than another hour later traffic is moving again. No sooner up to speed and another 7 mile back up shortly followed by another 6 mile back up. No accidents, no construction, no apparent reason. Finally got into Providence, Rhode Island right during RUSH HOUR. All together it took me slightly over 13 hours to traverse approximately 560 miles. And this on roads where the posted speed limit is 65 and most people, when there is no congestion are doing over 80. SOOOO I officially hate NY and Connecticut.

You could probably add New Jersey and Maryland to that trip also as I took a different route coming back and still ran into slow traffic in those two states. I am working today but I am really tired.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to join in with you but my t-shirt says otherwise.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll join the I Hate NY and Connecticut" club. I was with him in that non-moving car...
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a horrendous journey
    Sorry to hear about your uncle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh! I would have been by the end of it...if I were able to make it to the end of the trip. Sitting in traffic is the absolute worst. I have horrible road rage. It never makes any sense to me how traffic can be held up so much for nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about your uncle and that horrible traffic . I'd had been nuts !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 224937
    Sorry about your uncle and that horrible traffic . I'd had been nuts !
    LOL, ask Donna how nuts I was.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I don't hate Connecticut...but I most certainly abhor the traffic. Right after I moved here from Texas and started my new job, I recall very vividly the first time my 18 mile journey took my over an hour and 45 minutes to complete. I sat in my car and cried for over 15 minutes, and then walked into the office fully expecting to be fired from my job for tardiness...my director just smiled and said, "Oh honey, this is Connecticut...get over it."

I did.

Still hate traffic, but I sure love the train.....

Sorry to hear about your uncle, John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 225127
    LOL, ask Donna how nuts I was.
    I was ready to get out of the car and WALK the rest of the way to the Cape - and I probably would have beat him there!!!!!
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)