Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't worked full time since having DS nearly 11 years ago, back then I was a pasty chef working for a contractor who provided lunches and functions for a large IBM site.

I do have an evening cleaning job and DH is an operations manager for a catering company that provides school meals and a number of other sites, I have started working casually for a local special needs school that he looks after - just covering the chefs and assistants when they are off sick. It works for me as we couldn't keep up with our lifestyle (or rather the kids activities :rolleyes008:)if I worked every day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Im just in a temporary job until college starts... in a factory... just general factory rubbish- mainly packing loreal stuff into boxes... yawn!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    oooh! Lisa can make us pastries and josh can get us Loreal samples :p

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a full time mum. I haven't worked outside the home since before Maisie was born. Last job I had I was a teaching assistant but we were called AWA's then.

Post Thanks / Like
    well I'm disabled have been for two years now, had a year off from work, got really depressed so when a job opportunity came up at a private school i jumped at it

i am the IT manager/support at my local private school looking after the school network and everything IT and if I'm honest its the best job Ive ever had. its only part time as i cant hack any longer hours
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a Physical Therapist Assistant. As a PTA, I take over patient's rehab after they are eval'd by a physical therapist. In other words, they get paid the big bucks to do paper work, and I get paid less, to do the grunt work. But that's ok. I love my job. And I am the one who progresses the therapy and really gets to see the day by day improvement in the patient. I am currently working in our local medical center out-patient rehab department...until we close that is... The hospital is closing the out-patient rehab department (because the ortho group in town is opening THEIR own clinic..:mad: ) at which point I will be moving into a position within the hospital, doing acute care (hospital patients: joint replacement patients, accident victims, stroke patients, and all other sick and injured) or trasitional care patients (patients who would otherwise go to a nursing home).

Beyond that, I am HollyJacksonBryce's Mommy...the job I love best!
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    I stay home right now . I'm a semi retired child care teacher assistant/ director . I am going to classes in October . I'm working with clients that are mildly challengened , some have DS and CP , but are still able to live on their own . I basically oversee there daily lifestyle . Go with them to work , doctors , I'm quite excited about it and it will be very rewarding . I hope i found my second niche in life .

Post Thanks / Like
    In other words, they get paid the big bucks to do paper work,
    And I'm a medical transcriptionist who types up those big buck reports for the physical, occupational, and speech therapists at three different out patient clinics for our hospital among all sorts of other medical reports for all sorts of different things.

Hey Krista without the PTAs no clinic can function properly and the PTAs get all the best treats from the patients too :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy, post: 16070
    And I'm a medical transcriptionist who types up those big buck reports for the physical, occupational, and speech therapists at three different out patient clinics for our hospital among all sorts of other medical reports for all sorts of different things.

Hey Krista without the PTAs no clinic can function properly and the PTAs get all the best treats from the patients too :D
    Thank you!!! Do you mind sending out that sentiment to a few PT's I know? There are a few that don't see any need in having us around...until they need something...:rolleyes008:

And you're right, we do get some pretty awesome treats..:p015:
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    I work at Manchester Airport for a large handling agent. I check the pre-allocated seating sent by our customer airlines, ensure the aircrafts iin the computer are the correct ones, open and close c/in, release seats and arrange meals and hotel in the event of a delay. I only work 2 days a week but trust me its enough

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast