Thread: Iced water

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it true that you can go into any counter service on WDW property and ask for a free cup of iced water?

This will be our first summer trip to Florida coming up and I'm thinking it's gonna cost a small fortune for bottles of water all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been in a couple of years, but when I was last there it still worked. Just tell them you want a "cup." Just means you will be drinking Orlando water, but it's never bothered me. However, I know that some people despise the local water.

I did this a lot, as I've been during mostly hot times (ie the summer), so it's come in real handy. I can't imagine buying a new water bottle everytime I was thirsty.

Keep in mind there are also those straps you can buy at the carts, they go around a regular bottle of water. Ideally, you could buy one bottle and then refill it at the water fountains, all while keeping it connected to this stap thingy.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's always worked when I've asked.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive never thought of that - its a great idea though, will keep it in mind!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am one of those people that can't stand the taste of the tap water in the parks. I buy water/drinks and ice them in a cooler at the hotel. We still buy water in the parks but it helps keep the cost down.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you can ask for a cup of water and ice at any place that serves drinks and you'll get one for no cost. Some are larger cups than others.

If you are worried about the taste, carry some of those little drink packets (Crystal Light is one brand) and shake a bit into the water. It takes the edge off.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to buy mine from WalMarts drink half a bottle and freeze the remaining water in the bottle/s, then come morning take out frozen half bottle of water and top up with more bottled water.

It thaws slowly in the parks so drinks are lovely and cold and I prefer to have my own bottles because I usually pour some over my head and neck as I go round the hot park.

Post Thanks / Like
    When it's really hot I've asked just for a cup of ice! It melts really fast :tongue: