Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-trip countdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at my countdown.

So....

Each day now I'm just going to stick a few pre-trip thoughts down, with a few planning details just to make everyone a bit more

Tuesday 27th July

Firstly some good news. Did I tell you all that Auntie Jo (Adrian's sister) hurt her back a few weeks back? Anyway a prolapsed disc is no fun and for a long time we thought she wouldn't be able to make the trip. Well she has responded really well and is coming!!!! She'll be bringing lots of diazapam and taking it easy with the big rides but she is definitely coming.

Steven is a bit worried that Cinderella will remember that he smooshed a bit of brocolli into her face when he was a baby but we've reassured him that lots of babies do that and she won't recognise him now.

Steven has 13 pins on his trading lanyard now. No one has mentioned squished pennies yet.

I had my holiday haircut yesterday. Whilst I was having the colour put in no less than 4 children from school walked past and saw me sat there with my hair full of bits of foil.

Steven is having his hair cut this morning when we can be bothered to get dressed. After that we are going to the post office to change his savings into dollars. The boy has amassed 130 spending money by saving every penny given to him over the last year. Seriously he even got given 30 for his birthday and put it straight into his money box. He also has $150 in Disney dollars thanks to some special people here and a $10 Disney gift card ( to daveann for that one).

I've stopped watching all air disaster programmes now. I'm fascinated by Air Crash Investigation but thought I'd better give it a miss until we get home now.

The boy is in the garden practising with his nunchucks. He is not taking them with us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably a good idea to leave the nunchukkas behind!

We've had one tropical storm... Maybe that will clear the air?

Steven won't know what to do with all that money!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Steven now has $190 to go with his Disney dollars and gift card making a grand total of $350 spending money.

And he has a haircut that Adrian will flip over when he sees it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Flip in a good way, or in one of those I AM YOUR FAHTHA Darth Vader way?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Flip in a "ohmygodwhathaveyouletthemdotohishair" way.

When we arrived at the barbers, one of Steven's classmates was in there while his older brother was having his hair cut and Steven asked for the same as what the older brother was having. I consented only because it is the long summer break and will grow out before he goes back to school. Come on, you're only 7 once.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think its great - can see why dad will freak though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just been looking at the BBC weather forecast for Orlando.

32 and rain everyday sinking to a mere 26 at night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fab haircut!!!!

Let us know how Adrian react!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great haircut. If it's growing out by the time you go he could get it trimmed at the MK barber.
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast