Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gulf coast

Post Thanks / Like
    What's Clearwater, St Petersburg area like? May be looking to go to the beach for a week. Can anyone recommend any villas or condos? Has the oil spill affected swimming in the sea? Thanks

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    gulf coast is lovely acording to the st petes webb site there is no oil

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 226292
    What's Clearwater, St Petersburg area like? May be looking to go to the beach for a week. Can anyone recommend any villas or condos? Has the oil spill affected swimming in the sea? Thanks
    I grew up in St. Petersburg so the St. Pete/Clearwater area is my old stomping ground. Beautiful beaches and if there's no oil there (as seems to be the case), it would be wonderful for a week. Since I moved away from that area, my DW and I have been back several times for a week at a time just to lay on the beach. Beautiful white sand about the consistency of sugar.

Can't recommend any villas or condos but my favorite hotel on St. Petersburg beach is the Don Cesar. Also know as the Big Pink Thing. A relic from the 1920's, but elegant to be sure.

Tom (... I do so miss that area!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks lovely Tom and they have got some great deals for this August, they don't have any rooms/suites that would accommodate our needs with 2 teenagers though. We'd have to get 2 rooms and if I'm paying that much I want luxury iyswim! Will definitely save to favourites for the future

Thanks Robertcraig!

Post Thanks / Like
    No oil on the beaches, but we passed oil skimmers headed south when we were on the panhandle.

The area is quite nice Brit, especially if you like to poke around in little shops or visit the Mote Museum, etc.

Ybor City at night is an adventure too. 'Course might not be one you want to share with teens.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i love clearwater, would defo recommend it

hotels are right next to the beach
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Brit,

Another place I just thought of is the Tradewinds Resort. My DW and I have stayed there on several occasions and been pleased with the place. It too, is right on St. Petersburg Beach. They have various flavors and sizes of rooms to accommodate most anyone.

Tom (... just thinking...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tom, will look into that

What's that all about then Tink?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ybor City is a known party place. Probably more lively than you'd want your teens to be witnessing...

St. Pete's Beach has a nice Hampton Inn and Suites. We've stayed there before when going to Yankees games (when we stay over). It's within walking distance of Ceviche, an excellent tapas restaurant.

Not much of a "beach" though. More of a walking place... if that makes sense?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 226552
    St. Pete's Beach has a nice Hampton Inn and Suites. We've stayed there before when going to Yankees games (when we stay over). It's within walking distance of Ceviche, an excellent tapas restaurant.
    Tink,

What Hampton Inn are you referring to?

The only one I can see is in downtown St. Pete which is a very long way from St. Pete Beach. I don't find any Hampton Inn and Suites on St. Pete beach. If you were going to the ball game, it must be the one in downtown. Is it the one on the bay?

Tom (... I'm now officially confused! )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast