Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Egg Hatching

Post Thanks / Like
    It's very sad but in all honesty the possibility of it surviving from the start was low. It got better and better and then died very suddenly. Hopefully the others will hatch normally and healthily.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww thats a shame Josh :( You'll have to keep us up to date on how the next batch are doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwww mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are still 3 others left to hatch yet. There can be quite some time between hatchlings, and since this one was so early, I don't expect these to hatch until after Saturday. I will keep you all updated and put the web cam on any that hatch.

Thanks everyone it happens when you breed anything, it's just sad that it has happened with one of my first clutches. The other three should hatch fine.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 226739
    It depends on how much weight they put on, but I was planning on next spring. By September they will be thinking about hibernating and it can be daunting for a new owner to have a baby tort wanting to hibernate. I didn't hibernate my hatchlings last year but will see what this year's weights are like when it comes to hibernation. The 1 year olds will all hibernate.

If you are serious about wanting one of these then I would be more than happy to give you first refusal when I begin to sell them to their new homes. When I checked the yolk sack I took a pic of her;

just read this thread! I cannot believe I missed this thread and web cam

Such a sad news the little one didnt make it

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll PM you/e-mail you/tweet you when the next ones start to hatch
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw bless poor little hatchling #1. Sad news Josh. for the other three.

Post Thanks / Like
    We buried little 'eggy' in the garden yesterday
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast