Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Egg Hatching

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,

One of my eggs is hatching early. Not sure if the hatchling will survive but as long as it's hydrated and the area is kept sterile it should be fine.

I've put the 'night vision' cam in to monitor it and you can view it at:
    http://tinyurl.com/26dgb4m

It's a very slow process and it probably won't hatch out for a few days, but there is a hole in the egg and his leg occasionally wobbles out.

Here it is;
    http://tinyurl.com/26dgb4m
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    *stares fixedly at hole*

c'mon little guy you can make it

Post Thanks / Like
    The outlook is getting better and better, it's a lot stronger than I thought it would be and I think perhaps it is just a very large baby and there was no more room. I haven't got changed or eaten today, too busy watching. There's only movement occasionally and it lasts for about a minute until you can no longer see anything. At the minute, it's left leg (from the tort's point of view) is to the right of the hole (from our point of view) and the head is just to our left of the hole. I think it must be chipping away at the inside of the egg.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Have embedded the webcam here:

Tortoise-world.com - Informative advice on keeping Mediterranean tortoises in captivity.

as my Dad wasn't able to watch at work because of the dodgy google adverts that appeared.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh good news! It's exciting to know they are starting to hatch! Thanks for putting the web cam in Josh!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at your post count Tink!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. I talk a lot don't I?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow how exciting I will keep an eye on it while you eat!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm downstairs now. I plugged the webcam into Dad's laptop so now I can go about my business whilst I'm watching it online lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you thought of a name for the new baby yet?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast