Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Slowhands cruise around Europe ~ Part 2 [Dover]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 226672
    I love your report and inspired me to consider taking disney cruise. Would you mind PM me some details (if possible prices, and the best way to book it etc?)
    I reckon it would pay you to have a look at the official DCL site Jeff here.
    This will give you full details of all the cruises on offer and loads more info also.
    If you can afford it though I would certainly go for a cruise with a minimum of 5 nights duration as it seems as though no sooner are you on the ship than it`s time to leave on the 3 & 4 day cruises.
    My DW and I have only done one 3 day cruise, the remainder have been for 7 days or more.

I have always found that DCL respond very quickly to any email requests and you can book a cruise on line.
    In addition you can talk to the DCL reps who have a desk at some of the WDW resorts. I dunno exactly which ones they are but there is definately one at the GF which is manned at certain times.
    The most cost effective way though is to book your next cruise while on board the ship [if you become hooked on cruisin` that is!], as you get a 10% discount as well as on board credits etc..

Hope this helps but if you need any more info then just holler!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 226598
    You do know that you are becoming entirely too well known on board don't you? LOL
    It never ceases to amaze me how some of the CM`s remember you when you return John, many of them even remember your names which makes you feel really at home when you meet up with them again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 226624
    Your trippies are brilliant Terry I get so engrossed in them that I can really imagine being there onboard with you all.

The blast of “When you wish upon a star” from the ships horn sounds so special to start the journey with.
    Thanks for your kind words Issy.

Yep that ships horn really does get to you, especially when you leave the ports of call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 226648
    Have you decided on a date for The Dream . We have yet to book, but we're thinking May . But then again it'd be great to see you & Sue again .
    All will be revealed in one of these reports Tinker. :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 226699
    It never ceases to amaze me how some of the CM`s remember you when you return John, many of them even remember your names which makes you feel really at home when you meet up with them again.
    I'd have to agree with that one, Terry!

It was 2 years after our first cruise that we took the second one. Of course, we had dinner one night in Palo on both of them. On our first one, Marco was our server. By the time we took our second cruise, he had moved up to maître d’ but still remembered both my DW and I. I know he actually remembered and didn't just look at the names on the guest list because he started asking my DW how she liked being retired now that she had a couple of years to get used to it!

Unbelievable! Wish I had a memory like that!

Tom (... who am I?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Love your trip reports! The pictures are beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like
    You're giving me cruise fever again Terry.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 226749
    Love your trip reports! The pictures are beautiful!
    PICTURES?!!?!?!?! WHERE?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 226828
    PICTURES?!!?!?!?! WHERE?!
    Click on the hyperlinks in his first post in this thread Jeff. Takes you out to his pictures on WebShots.

Tom (... click, click!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a look at the Disney Cruise website and could not find any dates that leaves UK.... Am I doing something wrong?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast