Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Packham

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 226595
    Hasn't he just made some huge gaff.
    Didn't he say we should stop trying to save the Panda because they can't be saved, and just concentrate on saving something more feasible.

Post Thanks / Like
    He is probably right, much like the cheetah, they are coming extinction in a natural way rather than man made

Post Thanks / Like
    Problem with the panda is that it is a victim of its inability to diversify. If you're only ever going to eat one type of bamboo shoot then you're going to be in trouble.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep adaptability = survival

Post Thanks / Like
    Darwin They made such a big deal about it as if he was going into a group of pandas with a machine gun lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Siobhan was it the tshirts with the swallows and spitfires?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he was the one that said that about Pandas I hadn't seen a panda until I visited Ocean Park in HK and it was the most fascinating zoo animal I've ever seen. I nearly welled up, it was beautiful. They had been successfully bred and we saw their offspring getting fed by the keepers, too
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    The panda is really near extinction, regardless of the efforts to save them? I didn't know that. We don't seem to have that sort of information at the ready here (you can search it, of course). We are far too busy keeping up with which star got arrested for what offense?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah apparently Lindsay Lohan is the most important thing going on right now.

Yep, despite all our efforts the panda refuses to be saved. It's not through human causes that they are dying out. It's because they will not diversify to cope with eating more than one type of food. It's Darwinism at its purest - adapt to survive. It's a real shame but I consider myself one of the privileged few to have seen a real panda when they had them at London Zoo. Maybe he's right. Maybe we should let the species go gracefully and concentration on those species that human interaction is causing the destruction of. Like the orangutans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we are a nation of animal lovers over here for sure, there is adocumentary coming up taht also says we are the worlds most 'bird aware' nation as well

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast