Thread: Disney hotel check out times strict?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the check out times really strict at disney hotels? only our flight is not until late that evening of our checkout and I think we may be in one of those weird situations where we cant really do much in the day because we know we're going home but need to be out the room early?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is something that us Brits always have to deal with.
    We have managed to get a late check out [1.00pm] at the GF on several occasions but a lot depends upon how busy the resorts are.
    They normally ask you to check at the front desk on the day of your departure to see if you can secure a late check out.

Post Thanks / Like
    At OKW last year they gave us an extra hour in the room.

Also, you can leave any luggage/ bags with Bell Services until you need it and spend the day in your resort if you don't want to go to the Parks.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it's a bit of an inconvenience to have to check out of the room by 11:00 am (and yes, they are pretty insistent upon that time, unless you can obtain a late check out as stated above). We've been in the same situation.

We leave our luggage at bell services and visit Downtown Disney. Stroll, have a meal if there is time, try not to buy too many more things... :D

The resort will still be there for you to enjoy too. You can swim (keep a plastic bag for those wet suits) etc.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been able to secure a later check out, always told flatly "nope we don't offer that". We normally do DTD check in or online check in so just stash the suitcases in the boot (trunk) of the car and away we go. I do miss our siestas on the last day though

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here, Ive only been to florida once, but had a free upgrade to an SUV and just left the luggage in the boot. However in DLP we have always managed to leave our luggage with the hotel and picked them up when we were ready.

Post Thanks / Like
    We call the day before we checkout and we have gotten it every time we have requested it.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    You could always add another night to your stay and have the room all day.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    i managed to get late check out on our last trip think it was till 1.00
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We have been able to get a later check-out a few times, but it is by no means guaranteed. It helps a bit, IMHO, if you are visiting at a slower time.

Bell Services will hold your bags. In the past we have just had a nice later breakfast and headed to the pool or DTD. This year, our flight is later than we normally take, but ME normally picks up 3 hours before flight time. so we'll need to be ready by 11:00 anyway!
    Happy DVC Members since 1992! (OKW)