Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cricut bugs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 32619
    Thanks Terry if it's how everyone makes those AMAZING cards that we receive then it must be good!
    Some of them take ages to make Keith.
    For example many of the Disney characters are made up from several layers, with each layer being one of the different colours of their attire and some of those bits can be really tiny.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 32626
    Some of them take ages to make Keith.
    For example many of the Disney characters are made up from several layers, with each layer being one of the different colours of their attire and some of those bits can be really tiny.
    OMG???? youre kidding?????

I've kept all the homemade cards we were sent last christmas, I'm going to have a look tonight with renewed respect for the time taken. WOW
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 32633
    I've kept all the homemade cards we were sent last christmas, I'm going to have a look tonight with renewed respect for the time taken. WOW
    You could always take out the inserts Keith then mail them to someone else, simply putting in a new insert!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 32635
    You could always take out the inserts Keith then mail them to someone else, simply putting in a new insert!
    ooo sneaky
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had mine for almost 2 years, I guess, and I make all our cards.

There are 2 Mickey cartridges (one contains mostly figures and one has Disney fonts), 2 Pooh cartridges, 2 Princess cartridges, a Cars cartridge, and a Tinker Bell cartridge. And there are tons of non-Disney related ones as well. For example, there are 3 different Christmas cartridges.

There are cartridges for travel, sports, etc. And the nice part about the Cricut is that you are not limited to just the size that many of the other die cut machines create. My Cricut Expressions can cut things from 1/4 inch all the way up to approximately 23 inches, I think, and everything in between. The smaller Cricut doesn't have quite the variety of sizes, but they both use the same cartridges.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks wdwgrandma Im so tempted

the expression can even do glass etching and vinyl I think and definitely seems the one to have

Are they really hard to use though and do I need a computer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they can create the stencils you'd use for glass etching, and you can cut vinyl to create wall "pops".

I think the Cricut is super easy to use, and you don't need a computer unless you want to purchase and install Cricut Design Studio - which is a great item tool! It allows you to create your own "welded" words, or items such as the Mickey Snowman on this year's Christmas cards.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 85883
    Yes, they can create the stencils you'd use for glass etching, and you can cut vinyl to create wall "pops".

I think the Cricut is super easy to use, and you don't need a computer unless you want to purchase and install Cricut Design Studio - which is a great item tool! It allows you to create your own "welded" words, or items such as the Mickey Snowman on this year's Christmas cards.
    ooo thanks wdwgrandma its good to have a cricut expert

Post Thanks / Like
    I meant to ask, does it take standard card or do we have to order special things from cricut themselves?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 86248
    I meant to ask, does it take standard card or do we have to order special things from cricut themselves?
    My DW uses all sorts of card and paper. There is no need to get any special stationary.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast