Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Look at this birthday cake!

Post Thanks / Like
    It was beyond fab...it was like heaven, with icing!!! hehehe

I do love the Minnie one, Johnie....so precious!

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez, so glad I read the entire thread . I was going to ask if thats where you purchased Becca's cake . It was delicious !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard a mention of Katie wanting a Minnie birthday this year, so maybe I could give something like that a go

Maybe she will change her mind and want a plain brown birthday instead..that would be easier

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 227147
    And she brought that to my house. It was FAB.
    and foolishly brought containers to take leftovers home. There were no left overs.

I'm trying to figure out what theme we'll get for lobsterfest in Oct

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOOH!!! I bet they could MAKE a lobster!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly, I'll bet you could replicate that Minnie cake fairly easily! It's essentially three layers and cut outs, eh? If you don't have fondant, then perhaps you could come up with something different for the ears...

I know you can do it Mama!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 227378
    Shelly, I'll bet you could replicate that Minnie cake fairly easily! It's essentially three layers and cut outs, eh? If you don't have fondant, then perhaps you could come up with something different for the ears...

I know you can do it Mama!!!
    Well you believe in me more than I do myself

I was thinking that I'm not really a fan of fondant, so I would leave it frosting instead. When I did Katie's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake I did painted styrofoam for the Mickey head, so maybe something like that might work.

You do realize that once I get this figured out she will want something totally different

Post Thanks / Like
    You could make Rice Krispie Treats for the head? Just form it into a ball, and I'll bet you could fashion ears out of that too!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 227536
    You could make Rice Krispie Treats for the head? Just form it into a ball, and I'll bet you could fashion ears out of that too!
    Very good idea!! You would think that with as many cake shows that I watch on tv I could have figured that out by myself

Post Thanks / Like
    HEY! If you made it out of cocoa krispies and with chocolate marshmallows you'd have Minnie's natural coloring!!! :D (And then I'd fly up for some of that. I LOVE chocolate... :D :D).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast