Thread: cruises

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    has anybody used any other cruise lines for the 3/4 nights trips to the bahamas from port canaveral

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Only ever done DCL, Robert , but I have only heard good things about Carnival & Celebrity .

Post Thanks / Like
    We've never done Carnival but have family who have and they were very unhappy with the experience (two separate times). Carnival is known for it's hard drinking party atmosphere and that seemed to hold true for both of the experiences. Drunken revelers being sick on deck were not something that anyone wanted to witness, you know?

The Bahamas themselves don't have a great reputation so keep that in mind, too.

Boy, I'm just a cheerful sort this day, aren't I?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 227163
    Drunken revelers being sick on deck were not something that anyone wanted to witness, you know?

The Bahamas themselves don't have a great reputation so keep that in mind, too.
    If I recall, didn`t the DCL ship have to rescue one of those revellers from a Carnival ship last year when he jumped overboard?

Post Thanks / Like
    We were on the DCL ship that did the rescue! Yes. Their rescue team wasn't prepared! Doesn't say much for their training, does it?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 227208
    We were on the DCL ship that did the rescue! Yes. Their rescue team wasn't prepared! Doesn't say much for their training, does it?
    Ah yes, I remember you posting about this now Tink.
    I knew I`d heard about it somewhere.