Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr Pudding, our new addition

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was about time that I introduced our latest furry addition to the family

Our gorgeous bengal cat Mr Darcy went missing at the beginning of June, and we really miss him of course :( It's awful when you don't know what has happened. Anyway, our other cat Lola really went into a decline and was missing him dreadfully. She wouldn't eat and just slept all day, and even stopped being naughty! We decided to rescue another cat quite quickly and found Puds.

He is a 4 year old Ragdoll cat and he came to us via a cat rescue organisation from his old owner's house. She is a breeder and had too many cats, and he was being badly bullied to the point where he had to be put in a room on his own to keep him safe. He isn't an outdoor cat, but enjoys supervised walks in the garden. We're happy with this is Lola is an indoor cat too (her choice) so it's no extra hassle, and as 2 of our cats have gone missing in just over 2 years, then I don't think I could bear the thought of potentially losing another so soon.

It has been 3 weeks now, and things are starting to get easier. At first he just seemed pleased to be here, and he stayed in our living room relaxing and sleeping all of the time for a week. Then he started to come out and about to the rest of the house. Unfortunately he is scared of the dogs (they try to kill him with friendliness :D ), and though he and Basil are slowly coming to an understanding, he is terrified of Sorrel as she is so big. Fortunately she is outside in the garden most of the day at the moment so he gets the day without her.

The irony is that Lola hates him! His arrival has perked her up but only because she has to have energy to hiss at him all day! Poor Pudding, he constantly tries to make friends but she's not having it! They'll all come round eventually, but at the moment it is hard work, and Puds is getting very upset at being on his own overnight. But we'll get there.

He was Pudding when we got him, and Puds for short, but I somehow seem to have slipped into calling him Mr Pudding or Puddington Anyway, here he is a couple of days ago during his first tentative wander around our deck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweeeet

Sorry to hear about your Bengal hun

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh look at those beautiful eyes.

Post Thanks / Like
    See now, Mr Pudding is a great name! (and it means I won't call him a girl again!) He's beautiful

So sorry Mr Darcy didn't come home, I know how much he was loved

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh he is absolutely beautiful! He will have a great life with you!

So very sorry Mr Darcey didnt come home though

Post Thanks / Like
    awwww sweet! (fab range of candles too BTW!)

Sorry about Mr Darcey

Post Thanks / Like
    He is a stunner

Post Thanks / Like
    He is stunning. Look at those eyes I like his paws too!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    What a pretty cat Deb. Love those blue eyes.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm still hoping Mr. Darcy comes home.

Mr. Puddington is quite a beautiful kitty!!! I sure hope Lola decides to like him. I've not ever heard of a ragdoll cat before.

Lovely outdoor area you have!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast