Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Slowhands cruise around Europe ~ Part 6 [Warnemünde/Berlin]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks both.
    Although I`ve been to Germany several times on business, I`ve always wanted to visit Berlin as I too am very interested in the events of WW11.

To finally make it there was among the highlights of this cruise to me.
    I`d love to return again one day to spend more time there than we were given during our whistle stop tour on the excursion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 227434
    Thanks both.
    Although I`ve been to Germany several times on business, I`ve always wanted to visit Berlin as I too am very interested in the events of WW11.

To finally make it there was among the highlights of this cruise to me.
    I`d love to return again one day to spend more time there than we were given during our whistle stop tour on the excursion.
    If you do get back there keep your DW away from KaDeWe. It is a HUGE department store and is to Berlin, what Harrods is to London.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 227457
    If you do get back there keep your DW away from KaDeWe. It is a HUGE department store and is to Berlin, what Harrods is to London.
    I`ll definately make a note of that John. Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Terry. I can remember watching the wall come down on TV and crying. Seeing the peoples faces full of hope.
    Very interesting that they are referred to as Nazi's. Why should a whole country be lumped into one phrase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 228354
    Very interesting that they are referred to as Nazi's. Why should a whole country be lumped into one phrase.
    It was really only our tour guide who made reference to the word "Nazi" when she was explaining a few events of WW2, so as to distance the current German race from the regime during that period in history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12