Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another hatchling on the way

Post Thanks / Like
    This one pipped sometime during the night. I could hear a tap-tap-tapping last night in the egg (it's like a single pulse every now and then) and then this morning there is a little pip mark in it.

It's only just cracked the egg so there won't be anything 'interesting' for a while, but anyone who wants to see it can go to:

Tortoise-world.com - Informative advice on keeping Mediterranean tortoises in captivity.
    or
    http://tinyurl.com/26dgb4m

to see it :)

Josh
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    That's exciting! I see the little extended piece.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very occasionally the flap wiggles, I suspect the hatchling is taking a rest and will poke it's nose out to show you all within a few hours. I've never seen one pipping, only when there has been a definite hole there so not sure how long it takes before you see something interesting haha
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally some progress! What you can see is the front of the plastron. The left leg is just above that hole and the head is just to the right.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Hoping this little one is ready for the world!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Get the cigars ready Josh, you`ll be a "dad" again soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Carpet slippers at the ready Slowhand! Does this mean I get socks for Christmas now?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 227524
    Hoping this little one is ready for the world!
    Me too The little one that passed away really knocked my confidence with whole egg process
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! Don't let that happen, Josh! Nature, as we discussed a bit last night, gives us information in ways that we don't yet have the understanding to decipher.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    There was nothing I could have done but it still makes me a bit 'wobbly' with them. I'm just over paranoid that it's something I've done wrong.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast