Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Interesting' morning.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh blimey!!! Wonder how many people went buy having just hung up from a mobile phone conversation when they saw the police officer talking to an innocent person about it?! Mobile phones being used whilst driving drive me insane, makes me soooo cross!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 227850
    Oh blimey!!! Wonder how many people went buy having just hung up from a mobile phone conversation when they saw the police officer talking to an innocent person about it?! Mobile phones being used whilst driving drive me insane, makes me soooo cross!
    I must confess that I am the same as you, if I can cope why cant others...

Post Thanks / Like
    This is hopefully one of those days in which you will laugh about in a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry that you had to come across someone so ignorant. What an utter idiot!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I do think you should take a moment to write the station. Here's why... yes, they stopped you and accused you of something you could never have done, based on your being deaf. I had an acquaintance attending Gallaudet... his roommate was arrested and HANDCUFFED.

Yes, it resulted in his death. :( Now, I know that being wrongly accused of using a mobile while driving is a far cry from handcuffing leading to death (asphyxiation due to anxiety and asthma, but with his hands cuffed he COULDN'T SIGN) but the whole thing is that the police need immediate training to understand the needs of ALL people they protect, not just the majority.

OK. Off my soapbox for now, but this really struck a chord with me.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I just feel like I need to make a note related to my above comment. I'm not trying to make light of the situation. It was wrong and the police in this area need more training obviously.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting is not the word I'd use. Horrifying would be more apt

I don't like labels either I don't care to be put in a box. Definately speak to someone in that dept

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, it is good to know that people are so supportive here.

Funny enough I work closely with the police in my line of work so will use this opportunity to highlight the failures.

Will keep you all informed due course.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 227896
    I just feel like I need to make a note related to my above comment. I'm not trying to make light of the situation. It was wrong and the police in this area need more training obviously.
    I have already had a good laugh (perhaps a bit hurt) but I guess laugh it off and do something about it makes us stronger...

Post Thanks / Like
    so sorry you went through that Jeff!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast