Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hospital Appointment

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a quick check up today up in london, all going well, they are pleased that i have some improvement already, not much but some, seeing as im still on a very small dose.

then they tell me this

they want to send me to papworth hospital for a check up, to see if im a candidate for a heart and lung transplant, to say my heart sank to the bottom of my shoes was the biggest understatement ever, i just felt totally sick :(

but then they said its just precautionary, incase this new drug doesnt work and they have something in place before its too late to do anything if it fails, as this drug is the last option to me drug wise.

ok this is good news but i still felt sick.

so we are going to have a chat about it in november with the team looking after me at the royal free on my next appoinment.

as you can see im at home coz im on here but still feel sick to my stomach, all i can think about is why the heck is this happening to me, ive never hurt anyone or anything in my life and this is what i get. i know there are way worse things happening to other people

sorry to vent, but i had to tell someone and i know you guys are sooooooo supportive to every member, whatever it may be.
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like

No words, just

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 227830

No words, just
    thanks dawn
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    There's always here for you.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Mick, im sorry you are feeling like that

Post Thanks / Like
    Just catching up Mick and so sorry to hear this, of course you are scared, anyone would be

None of us know what's around the corner and it's nothing you've done it's just one of those things, we're just human and things can go wrong and do go wrong.

At least you are being treated, 50 years ago you wouldn't be in the same position, so we have to be thankful you are here with us.

Vent all you like, it's horrible for you and your family but as with all things, after the initial shock, your strength will kick in and you will deal with this like all the other things you have had to deal with as there's no choice

Sending you hugs from afar not just around the corner :-)

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez Mick!

I suppose it's better to evaluate your options before you need them but... geez!

Tom (... Keep calm and carry on!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Listen to me Mick. You've done nothing to bring this on yourself. Our circumstances simply happen. Period.

It's a tough pill, that's for sure, but for what it's worth, a woman I once worked with, her son had a heart and lung and pancreas transplant and is so much better off for it!

Yes, it's frightening. I know I'd be stark raving terrified if someone told me I should consider that magnitude of an operation. On the other hand... you just may get your life back.

Now then. Try really, really hard to focus on the positive because that you can control, and that will make a difference in your health!

We are here for you and with you. Never forget that.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Try to stay positive. Sadly things just happen, it's not a matter of whether or not we deserve them...Sometimes the why of things will drive us crazy, instead think of what you can do :(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast