Thread: swan and dolphin

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi - just reading their web pages and they seem to have a beach but are not disney hotels? how does that work out? can you still use all the disney features

Post Thanks / Like
    i think the only thing you can't do is charge to the room

i stayed at the dolphin and took advantage of EMH and having my packages brought back to the resort.

Post Thanks / Like
    yep pretty much it... cant charge to room but more seriously perhaps, can't use Disney Magicall Express either
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You also have to pay for parking if you have a car. But they are beautiful hotels and you cannot beat the location!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    If i had to do it all over again I would go with the Swan, but that's just me.

And yes, you can't beat the location, we walked to MGM (or DHS) and Epcot. It was fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love love the Swan and Dolphin! But they beach is similar to the WDW beaches as you cannot go in the water. But the sand is very lovely and white and clean

I didn't miss any of the "Disney" feel while staying there but I didn't at the time have any kids. The Swan and Dolphin are a good compromise for me and DH as I like WDW and he doesn't care for all the kiddy stuff everywhere. You can't beat the price of these 2 hotels for the location either!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    No DME, DDP or room charging in the parks, DTD or other resorts. And no Disney wake-up calls--which I certainly wouldn't mind, since the advent of the Stitch wake-up call!

They're terrific hotels, though. Just don't expect the Disney flavour.

Post Thanks / Like
    They do have a wonderful pool area, nearly as elaborate as the Beach Club's. There are many nice places to dine, too. The two hotels have nearly every cuisine you can imagine!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    They are both very nice hotels.

We have stayed in the Dolphin a couple of times. The first time we stayed we had a spacious room. The beds are called heavenly and they so live up to their name.

The hotels are located between Epcot and Hollywood studios and both can be reached by boat. If you are energetic you can also use the walkway. We found the walkway particularly handy after watching fantasmic as there was a huge queue for the boat back to the hotel.

They have nice restaurants like Shulas and Bluezoo and also Picabu which is a quick counter service place which also has groceries.

At Christmas time there are tree lighting ceremonies on selected nights and you can also meet Santa. They also have a piano player. You can sit and relax with your drink and listen to the soothing music which you need after a long day at the park.

As they are not disney hotels they dont have the disney theming. However, they are still well presented. :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    I missed the disney theming but that's just me.