Thread: How's the mouse in Dec?

Post Thanks / Like
    We have booked for arriving on the 27th of Nov. I'm concerned about the park hours, animals being out in AK and the crowds. I can work around the crowds for the most part, we've figured out most tricks but can always learn more. We are staying in Coronado Springs this trip (first time there). We've stayed at Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans and the Poly (when i was a kid, er I mean scallywag) Any thoughts?
    Jack Sparrow: Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, your first few days are going to be crowded since you are arriving on Thanksgiving weekend but after that Sunday the crowds should start thinning out. December 1-15 is one of Disney's slowest times.

Park hours shouldn't be an issue. There are always Magic Hours going on (I love when AK stays open until 8pm). I have also never run across a time when animals are not out.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Thanksgiving and the weekend immediately after will be wicked busy. You'll have to plan what you want to do and make good use of EMH and fast passes. After that things will ease off, but it's not going to be exactly quiet. MANY people know that the first 2-3 weeks in December is a "bit slow" (or so they thought) so they head to WDW, DVC members in particular.

Have a rough plan for what you want to do, but remain flexible. If you want to have a table service or buffet meal in any WDW resort or park restaurant, make an ADR. Other than that, you should be good to go!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Our first trip to The land of Magic in 2003 was in December and we found crowds to be ok, the weather was warm during the day but a little chilly in the moring and the evenings.
    We didn't have any trouble with the hours at the parks, I think as you are staying onsite your be fine.
    Hope you have a amazing time.