More than a dozen cast members at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park fell ill on Wednesday from parking lot fumes, authorities said.
Eighteen cast members reported feeling ill and it was determined that fumes from the resurfacing of a parking lot were the cause, authorities said.
Six of the cast members were transported to a hospital for treatment.
All of the cast members involved had been exposed to the fumes for extended periods of time, authorities said, because they worked in the parking lot in various positions such as attendants or tram drivers.
Authorities said the paving was halted after the incident.
No guests fell ill, and the theme park’s operation was not affected.