Thread: Mobile Magic - is it worth it?

Post Thanks / Like
    For anyone that has Verizon Wireless, have you ever used the Mobile Magic application?

Mobile Magic ? First Disney Parks Mobile App Now Available Disney Parks Blog

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not tried it... we have Verizon. I don't know if anyone here has...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 228626
    I've not tried it... we have Verizon. I don't know if anyone here has...
    I've finally stumped everyone???

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive played with it but that's all :)

My view was it was pretty cute for someone already with a verizon phone that could use the app who was going to Disney. Whilst it wasnt worth swapping or buying a new phone for it was useful.

Useful bits include wait times for all the rides in the park you're in. They seemed more accurate than the freebie solutions which relied on people feeding the times in but with limited time I couldnt be sure. Anyway, the wait times seemed right which is useful

dining let you list places but not book them, so limited usefulness there.

The schedule of characters was good though. Want to see mickey at magic kingdom tomorrow? It'll give you a schedule of times and where he'll be.

So overall, my view was useful but not mind blowingly amazing (version 1 after all) I think there'll be more to come whether from Disney or any number of other app developers over the coming months :D

(but if I had one of the verizon phones would I buy it anyway? yeah I would cos it WAS cute :P )
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have Verizon but I do have an iPhone. I looked at the Verizon app and it is EXPENSIVE and only for 3 months. There is an app for Undercover Tourist that is pretty cheap and very cool.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 228955
    I do not have Verizon but I do have an iPhone. I looked at the Verizon app and it is EXPENSIVE and only for 3 months. There is an app for Undercover Tourist that is pretty cheap and very cool.
    For Verizon customers it's $9.99 for 6 months. I think for that price we're going to give it a shot. We are going to be there at least three times within that time frame.

Upcoming Vacations:

Post Thanks / Like
    I still think that's very expensive. But to each their own :-) Let us know how you like it.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 228967
    For Verizon customers it's $9.99 for 6 months. I think for that price we're going to give it a shot. We are going to be there at least three times within that time frame.
    I'd give it a go for that... it does make you feel in touch with the parks and you can sit at cosmic rays whilst working out where to go next with all the wait times at your finger tips that kinda stuff.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com