Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Roof inn

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone stayed at one of these in the USA. We are planning on a road trip next year and can cut out hotel bills by 1000 if we stayed in them. As long as they are clean and quiet i am quite happy to stay in them. DH is turning his nose up saying how can we fly UC and stay in them. I have reminded him we would be economy if it were not for Beth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have stayed at Red Roof Inns while traveling but never for more than 1 night. They are fine but there is nothing fancy about them.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    My opinion how much are they a night?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 228662
    My opinion how much are they a night?
    anything from $60 to $100

Post Thanks / Like
    I strongly recommend Hampton inns, part of Hilton network. Free breakfast, same price range, stayed in them all over US and never had a problem. You can collect Hilton honours points too which quickly add up for free stays

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to cut costs from Hampton Inn and Suites (and I've stayed in many and they are all fairly decent) you can try Holiday Inn Spree. They are really quite decent and clean and quiet and less expensive than Hampton Inns.

Avoid the RRI ! Cheap is one thing, but cheap and nasty is another. They used to be decent years ago but have fallen off sharply.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you going on your road trip? I agree the Hamptons are much better and their breakfast isn't bad either! Maybe I'll know of some places along the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 228741
    Where are you going on your road trip? I agree the Hamptons are much better and their breakfast isn't bad either! Maybe I'll know of some places along the way.
    We are looking at going to Salem, Portland Maine, Bar Harbour, Jackson NH, Lake Placid, Niagara Falls, Gettysburgh, Ronks PA, Philadelphia, Manhattan, Deerfield MA ( Yankee candle), Cape cod and Boston. We were hoping on a motorhome and although we can get one with a lift for Beth we can not get one that straps her chair down. It would not be fair to expect her to lie on a bed so we had to give up on that. What i am finding with some areas is there are a lot of b&b's that seem unsuitable for a wheelchair user. Also please tell me if we are looking at places that are 20 miles or so apart and it easier to stay in the middle and drive to and from them.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. That's quite a tour!

Cape Cod is the scorpion tail of Mass. You could potentially stay in Boston and do the Cape and Salem, and maybe the Yankee Candle place (not sure where that is).

Portland and Bar Harbor are a bit far apart to do from one location unless you split the difference and stay between them. That's still quite a drive though. Summertime in Maine is very busy too, as that is one of the bigger vacation places.

Lake Placid is WAAAAAAY north in NY state, so not convenient to anything you've listed. Niagara Falls is far west in NY (and of course over the boarder into Canada).

I'm not sure how many days you will have but a tour like that will take the better part of two weeks minimum, easy.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 228787
    Wow. That's quite a tour!

Cape Cod is the scorpion tail of Mass. You could potentially stay in Boston and do the Cape and Salem, and maybe the Yankee Candle place (not sure where that is).

Portland and Bar Harbor are a bit far apart to do from one location unless you split the difference and stay between them. That's still quite a drive though. Summertime in Maine is very busy too, as that is one of the bigger vacation places.

Lake Placid is WAAAAAAY north in NY state, so not convenient to anything you've listed. Niagara Falls is far west in NY (and of course over the boarder into Canada).

I'm not sure how many days you will have but a tour like that will take the better part of two weeks minimum, easy.

We will be looking at 3 weeks. Yankee candle is deerfield MA Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast