Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pick a pearl jewellery

Post Thanks / Like
    I know thats more than likely not what its called but cant think of the proper name at the moment!

Was just wondering how much the jewellery costs for the pearl, does anybody know please? I would quite like dd to chose an oyster/pearl for me and to get a nice piece of jewellery for it (as an early christmas present!) and was wondering how much i am looking at.

Also, what are the necklaces called that have a sort of cage thingy for the pearl to go in - im sure they have got a proper name but cant think of that either!!

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm afraid I won't be much help to you. I've not looked at these in some time. Last I looked they were about $15 to choose the pearl, and then the jewelry setting was more, of course.

I do believe it's called a pearl cage!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Tink! I can always have a look at the jewellery when we get there, i will probably have a look on ebay before we go though!
    I was closer than i thought with the necklace name it seems!

Post Thanks / Like
    Kate, are you thinking of the pearl stands in Downtown Disney?

I have 2 rings that DH bought for me from there. The pearls are very cheap..... the jewellery to put them in, from there, is not. My diamond rings were a few hundred dollars each, but they are amazingly beautiful. There are less expensive settings I think.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Its more likely that we will do it at Seaworld I think, but it depends where we are at the time i think of it!
    The rings sound beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like
    They used to do it in Japan in the World Showcase too, and on the walkway by the Beach Club pool. Not sure if those two places are still operating though.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It does make a lovely momento of the holiday.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a feeling we got 1 for MiL when we first went in 2003 at Japan? She never did anything with her's though, but thats just her!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 228765
    They used to do it in Japan in the World Showcase too, and on the walkway by the Beach Club pool. Not sure if those two places are still operating though.

There is one at Typhoon Lagoon as well, the one in Japan is nice. Tyler bought his sisters wedding presents there and a necklace for me as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine from Typhoon Lagoon and had a ring which cost 120 dollars, the pearl was extra of course but I got a big pearl, valued at 60 dollars.

I was told to pick the ones at the top of the bucket, the floaters. So I did, apparently they have the bigger pearls in, so they said? Don't know how true it is but my pearl was quite large.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast