Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney Hollywood Studios

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant even remember where we ate when we went there, so id imagine it was another burger and fries job! Where do you eat when you visit this park? What did you have - and most importantly was it gooooood?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh... I know.... I know! Send me in, coach!

Ok. At the Hollywood Studios you've got numerous choices. Burgers and fries? Well, you've got the ABC Commissary or, for the ultimate burger and fries experience, you've got the Sci-Fi Drive In Theater! We've eaten there and it's a fun place to go.

Sit down wise, we haven't been to Mama Melrose's or the Hollywood Brown Derby in quite a while. Both are good although the Brown Derby is quite upscale.

However, our very favorite place to eat at the Studios has to be Mom's place. Oh, I meant the "Prime Time Cafe". Sit down in Mom's kitchen for good home cooking and some 1950's TV. Not to be missed as far as we're concerned. Just be sure to eat your vegtables! And say hello to your cousins for us!

Tom (... don't make me stand in the corner! Pluuuueezzze! I'll be good!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Our favorite is 50's Prime Time. I think the Brown Derby is well past its prime and is over priced and over rated. The best thing on their menu IMHO is their Cobb Salad. Like the original Brown Derby in Hollywood I think it is time to shutter the doors and turn this into something else.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    You know? We've never eaten in DHS! I think we had a small snack from the Commissary once, but that was it. We did have a drink at the Tune In lounge...

I'm too much of a chicken to even think about Prime Time 50's cafe! No way would I be able to even think of eating in that sort of interactive atmosphere! LOL.

Sci Fi gets decent reviews sometimes...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    50's Prime Time is a staple for us. The food is always good and the service is excellent! Just make sure you say your please and thank you's, keep your elbows off the table and make sure YOU EAT YOUR VEGETABLES!! If you don't you'll be sorry.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    What happens at the 50s Prime Time? Im such a wimp with things like this - dont like the sound of it!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The 50's Prime Time is lots of fun. Travel back and eat in Mom's kitchen of the 1950's. The menu is good old home cooking. Things like meatloaf and mashed potatoes. With a dose of fun mixed in!

Here's the Disney page about it: 50's Prime Time

Seriously, your server is "mom". And, just like your real mom, she expects you to eat right and mind your manners. That means that if you put your elbows on the table, you'll get in trouble. If she tells you to clean your plate and you don't, you might not get dessert. If you cause a ruckus and insist on being a trouble maker, you'll probably get to go stand in the corner with your nose pressed against the wall!

It's all in good fun. The food is really good, the atmosphere is pure 1950, and the desert menu is on a ViewMaster. What more could you want!

Try it! You'll like it!

Tom (... it's really a lot of fun and one of those must-do's! Try the Peanut Butter and Jelly milk shake!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 228960
    Seriously, your server is "mom".
    Isn't "Mom" in the kitchen and the servers are our "cousins"? Also at most tables is a black & white TV which plays clips of old 50's TV shows.

I made the mistake a few years back of not eating my vegetables and I had to do the "I'm a little tea pot" in front of our hole section of the restaurant.

This last trip my wife tried to hide some of her's under her fried chicken bones. She, of course, got caught and our "cousin" made her eat one more fork full. She asked her if she wanted a train or airplane. My wife went with train and when our "cousin" got a fork full of veggies she started the fork up high and went chugga-chugga and the rest of the restaurant went choo-choo and in the fork went into my wife's mouth.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh nooooo - im not going there!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 228966
    Isn't "Mom" in the kitchen and the servers are our "cousins"?
    Depends on who you get for a server. We had one that insisted she was our mom and others who've been our cousins.

In either case, we had a load of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 228968
    Ooooh nooooo - im not going there!!!!
    Awww.... you're missing such a great experience!

Tom (... who keeps a low profile!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast