Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: afternoon tea at the grand floridian

Post Thanks / Like
    ive seen this advertised by people on other disney websites but i cant find where to book it or what we would get has anyone done this before?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always wanted to do this but never seem to find the time, I believe you can book it under the 0nline reservations though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done it before and loved it It's a great way to spend an hour out of the sun and heat and just relax. It was the first time I had clotted cream (which to me sounded, well sort of gross) and I have to tell you they could have skipped the strawberries under it and just given me the cream

Post Thanks / Like
    We have done this both with and without grandchildren and find it a delightful experience.

There is a menu: Here

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

We are the lone voice that will tell you we were seriously displeased. I've come to think they were having a bad day, since everyone else loves the place.

Rude and bossy person at the podium. Dry and crunchy scones served out of service order. Old sandwiches, curling bread, desultory service... the only thing we did like about it was the champagne... We'll not do it again.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    You're not alone Tink, I wasn't that impressed and didn't like the pompous waiter. The kids loved it as they got their own tea pots but for the money I was really disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like
    We said that for the money, we'd drive to Mt. Dora and go to the Windsor Rose where there is a proper high tea. The server we had spilled wine and tea at the table next to ours. Disrupted our "meal" but made a wicked mess out of the other table. They weren't too impressed either!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    ummm... sounds like its just one of those things....

I have to say I feel that way about Chef Mickeys.... will not be going back, however I keep reading how everyone finds it just fantastic...

Post Thanks / Like
    Chef Mickey's is only for the characters. We didn't care for the food at all. For that kind of price, we'll see the characters in the park! LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    well Tink.. not even for the character experience..... we had a much better time at the other character breakfasts...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast