Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday again!

Post Thanks / Like
    DisneyFreak have you read Stieg Larsson yet? His three book series is a great summer read.

Josh! Take a break! You deserve it.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 229393
    DisneyFreak have you read Stieg Larsson yet? His three book series is a great summer read.
    I have not. Is he another Florida author?

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    No. He's from Sweden. He's dead actually. Died young as a result of a cardiac illness. It's a shame there will be no more from him.

Give him a search. I think you might like the books! "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is the first in the series...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got home from our cruise we saw dolphins and whales swimming wild amazing sight but exhausted and got a house full to bursting of visitors for the weekend :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 229397
    No. He's from Sweden. He's dead actually. Died young as a result of a cardiac illness. It's a shame there will be no more from him.

Give him a search. I think you might like the books! "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is the first in the series...
    Has that been made into a film too? Or am i thinking of something else? (quite possibly!!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 229401
    Just got home from our cruise we saw dolphins and whales swimming wild amazing sight but exhausted and got a house full to bursting of visitors for the weekend :)

Oooh, that sounds wonderful!

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 229388
    Nothing too exciting this weekend. Going to finish installing my wife's closet organizer (like it's going to help).

Other than that it's more lounging in the pool while reading or sleeping. Starting a new book this weekend since I just finished Tourist Season by Carl Hiaasen.
    what type of books does he write

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 229426
    what type of books does he write
    He writes environmental thrillers (found in the mystery sections of bookstores) with some humor mixed in. He was born and raised near Ft Lauderdale and so all his books take place in Florida (mostly South Florida).

His 1993 book Strip Tease was made into a movie in 1996 staring Demi Moore and Burt Reynolds. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strip_Tease_(novel) Not the best adaptation.

Tourist Season was his first solo novel which I just finished and I found it a very easy and excellent read.

He also wrote a non-fiction book in 1998 called Team Rodent: How Disney Devours the World. The book focuses on Disney related enterprises other than film (like WDW) and it's effects on the environment and local culture. From the title it doesn't sound too Disney friendly but you know the old saying.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 229393

Josh! Take a break! You deserve it.
    I bought the first book but just can't seem to get into it Most everyone seems to love them though.

I AM GOING TO WDW TOMORROW!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 229373
    Lawn needs mowing... pool water needs testing (but I cleaned the lanai yesterday and it's sparkling and ready for any of you to drop by for a cuppa, a sip, a nip, or whatever you please) some laundry to do... nothing too fabulous, eh?
    Well we'll be round after lunch tomorrow then.

We're going to Winter Garden tomorrow and Kennedy Space Center on Sunday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12