Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok...... The pictures from Kenya

Post Thanks / Like
    please have a quick scan of the other thread about the difficulty taking these, not easy and a lot are blurry. I have stuck a couple of hundred or so on here, but I took nearly 2000 so there may be more to come. I mostly stuck to the wildlife, Lisa has some lovely family shots

I took some film of the drives through Mombasa and on the road to the safari and they show some real Kenyan countryside and villages so I will try and upload them soon as well.

I will also label the animals names when I get a chance it has taken me 8 hours to get through all these so far today, and I already know I want to go and reprocess them all over again

These are the links to the sets, you can play a slideshow by clicking the little slideshow icon once you get to the set but IMO the images are a poorer quality

Again, they do not do the place justice

1st up the hotel, grounds and beasties and birds I found there, some are very blurry as I only saw them once and just wanted a record rather than a piece of art

Kenya Hotel + Animals and Birds at the hotel - a set on Flickr

Next is Haller park, it was dark and raining as you can see from the tortoises face, they were amazing animals

Haller Park - a set on Flickr

...... and the safari pictures ( at last I here you say)....

1st up is Tsavo East and the amazing Voi lodge view, the first view you see from on up high was the view from our room !!!!!!

Tsavo East and Voi Lodge - a set on Flickr

2nd day and Ngulia lodge Tsavo West

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4830409...7624805961042/
    3rd Day and Tsavo West again

Tsavo West, Mizma Springs - a set on Flickr

Will do more when I can.....

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG. Well Doc, I'll never understand you. You are the hardest person on yourself that I've ever know.

The photos are incredible. I just sat and stared at the series of the safari ones (the first batch) before I could even click on them to view individually.

Your children are beautiful, but you already know that (although they do have a challenge with those ice cream cones, don't they? ;) ). LOL.

Again, thank you so very much. Will look at them more closely and probably have a million questions. (I will say the thumbnail of the centipede/millipede thing looked like a snake... I nearly croaked when I realized it was a 'pede)!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely lovely and incredible pictures Chris. And I agree with Tink, you are much too hard on yourself. However, it appears that you have duplicated your Tsavo East pictures under the Tsavo West heading.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't wait to take a look at these later. I may also have lots of questions for you.

My DW and I have been contemplating an African Safari vacation for some time now for our 20th wedding anniversary in 2015. It's either that or a Mediterranean Cruise that stops in Egypt. Princess Cruise Line has one that stops in Alexandria, Egypt and there is an overnight excursion to Cairo.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic! My absolute favourite is the close up of the elephant in the first set of Tsavo photos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John changed now

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Just wow!

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW they are amazing. I have always wants to do a safari and I want to do one even more now.
    Thanks for sharing and I am glad you had a great time

Post Thanks / Like
    We are our toughest critics, but you have no reason to make excuses as you have been doing...these photos are utterly amazing. Seriously.

Now as I was looking through them with my mouth on the floor I took a few notes of the ones that I just had to stare at longer.

The bird with the open wings in the beginning.....perfect timing!

The bats! They looked just like I thought they would when reading your report. So cool, but creepy!

The zebras...amazing to see them with an orange tint due to the dirt.

The baboons were awesome! The profile picture is my favorite of the baboons. I can just imagine him (yes, he's a male in my head) saying, "get my strong side."

The elephant photo that was close and straight on. You could see all the wrinkles in the face and trunk! Stunning!

And lastly, the sun with the red glow...Wow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ask away, can't talk about much else at the moment. :).

Don't know why but one of my favourites is the secretary bird at dawn, marching through the grass

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast