Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Moral Question

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the way Josh. Plus, remember. You'll soon be off to uni and they may be thinkning of that too. Who will care for your pets when you are gone?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh, no.

There, that was simple wasn't it. :D

[CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 16850
    Okay.. this is for the parents/granparents out there! :p015:

If your son had asked you if he could have a fish tank (if he payed for it himself!) and you said no because;

"We're not having anymore animals, you won't look after them"

but then you where on holiday and left his sister in charge... came back and there was a fish tank- what would you do?

Would you make him get rid of it? keep it and shout at him? Smash it into tiny pieces?

Josh-
    The first thing needed to be done is find out if the sister allowed it or it was done on its own. If it were my child I would make sure they took care of the fish and the first time the fish weren't cared for ie: feeding, cleaning the tank properly or even just keeping the area around it clean I would let them know the fish are gone. I love animals but if I have to care for them instead of the person who owns it it is gone from my house and my kids know it. My daughter's fiance brought a new dog into our house (at the time we already had a dog, rabbit, 2 birds, a tank of fish and 3 hamsters) and he was told if I babysit the dog he pays me to do it and Vinny has no problem with that. When the kids go away if they can't bring the dog with them they pay the girl next door to take care of their animals for them. They each have a dog but since Sammy has joined us we only have 2 dogs left the others have gone to a better place. I am getting fish again this week and when I go on vacation I pay the kids to babysit my fish. If it is your responsibility you had better take charge of it is all I tell my kids. It has taught them well too, my granddaughter has a turtle and a bird and she pays me to babysit when they go away. Part of her allowance goes to me for watching her pets (I put it in a bank account for her college, first car or wedding but the fact that at 6 years old she is that responsible makes me happy how I taught my kids).
    Marie

Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm, going to buy that one chris has posted, and tell them I bought a fish tank when they went away, show them to my room and then show them that one- Their faces will be hysterical!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that's a little evil, but funny! LOL! They just may give in after that one!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i agree with tink josh, if you are off to uni soon then i wouldnt let you have them either just on that basis alone
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 17681
    I'm, going to buy that one chris has posted, and tell them I bought a fish tank when they went away, show them to my room and then show them that one- Their faces will be hysterical!
    You are just asking for trouble!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 17871
    i agree with tink josh, if you are off to uni soon then i wouldnt let you have them either just on that basis alone
    I'm not off to uni soon, its at least another 3 years! :p015::p015:
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh. Well, when you go to college will you still be living at home?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 17880
    I'm not off to uni soon, its at least another 3 years! :p015::p015:
    oh well thats different :).....you still aint geting a tank tho ;)

what are going to do at college josh?
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast