Thread: UK weather

Post Thanks / Like
    What's it been doing?

My garden looks like a jungle and all the tomato plants are laying on their side.

I went to collect the piggies from the boarding lady and she said that 3 families on holiday in the UK last week came home early because of the weather.

My dad said that last Wednesday there was rain the likes of which he'd never seen before.

What's been going on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently its been raining, certainly has here since we got back on Tuesday

Post Thanks / Like
    ive just come back from scotland was raining up there and now down here too, worst august ive ever known :(
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Worst August we can remember here too The last 2 days have been literally blowing a gale, and I can hardly remember a day without at least a stiff and uncomfortable breeze. Have hardly been able to sit out at all :(

We were going to have a week in the Cotswolds last week but despite really wanting to go we have changed it to Andalucia as we couldn't bear the thought of another week of dreadful weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not exactly been lovely summer weather!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been OK here but it's really windy recently
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it has been very very very wet,cold and windy. not very nice weather for August. I got out in the garden yesterday for the first time in nearly 2 weeks and it wasn't a pretty site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in the day you could rely on reasonably good weather during July and August but these days it's more likely to be better during June and July. The weather was glorious when the children were still in school. I think summer and Autumn have shifted forward a little.