Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Saratoga Springs Resort

  1. #1
    Senior Member Vikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've booked a studio next year at SSR and I have a couple of questions I was hoping you could help with.

    We're travelling with a 4 year old and a 7 month old, I hear they have 'pack and play' things there for babies, what on earth is one of those ?

    Where would you suggest is the best location to request a room? We don't mind not being close to everything, but we do like to be in nice surroundings, with a nice view if possible. We'd go for plesant and quiet over noisy and close to amenities.....

    Thanks :)



  2. #2
    Senior Member uscwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    A pack and play is a fold up play pen. We had one at our house when Nathanael was a baby. It is a good, safe, place to place the baby if there is something you have to do and can't just put the baby down somewhere.

    This link should give a good idea what they look like:Pack and Play





    My Facebook Profile: Facebook

    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix



  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    My Laughin' Place
    Posts
    1,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikki, post: 230973
    Where would you suggest is the best location to request a room? We don't mind not being close to everything, but we do like to be in nice surroundings, with a nice view if possible. We'd go for plesant and quiet over noisy and close to amenities.....

    Thanks :)
    This resort is huge!!! If you're looking for pleasant and quiet then I suggest a building by one of the quiet pools away from the main pool and building. Buildings 51-54 & 55-58 are nice and it's not that bad of a walk to the main area.











    WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002


    Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    838
    Post Thanks / Like
    To add to what USCwest said, the pack n plays are also small cribs for babies. They are not quite as big as the playpens from when I was a kid. Pack n plays are big in the US for travelling, grandparents'/childcare houses, or to have in an area of a house when the child's bedroom is a distance away from the main living part of the house. Basically it's a cheap, small poartable crib. :)

    We stayed in Congress Park (F in the above map) on our last stay. It was very quiet and in the section that is closest to the walkway to DTD. However it was VERY far from the main pool (close to a quiet pool) and the main building. We had a car but otherwise you'd probably have to take the bus to get to those main areas.
    Another visit we stayed in The Paddock (section E). It was a bit more lively but let me tell you about the walk to the main building/pool! It was horrid!! You see that line that crosses the waterway connecting E with D? Well that's a walkway and it's totally in the sun and it was exhasting!!
    We are staying there next month so I'll report back where are room location is and if it was any good!!
    xxoo Rosie

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    My Laughin' Place
    Posts
    1,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie0610, post: 231114
    Another visit we stayed in The Paddock (section E). It was a bit more lively but let me tell you about the walk to the main building/pool! It was horrid!! You see that line that crosses the waterway connecting E with D? Well that's a walkway and it's totally in the sun and it was exhasting!!
    That's where we had stayed but didn't think the walk was that bad. I should mention though that we were there in January so the sun was not as potent. It is one of the safest since you don't have to worry about any auto traffic.










    WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002


    Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 231120
    That's where we had stayed but didn't think the walk was that bad. I should mention though that we were there in January so the sun was not as potent. It is one of the safest since you don't have to worry about any auto traffic.
    I would agree on the safety part of that section. You really can't walk to the main buildings from Congress Park. I don't remember seeing any walkways, but again, I wasn't really looking to walk.

    We were there in mid-June=HOT!!
    xxoo Rosie

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 231103
    This resort is huge!!! If you're looking for pleasant and quiet then I suggest a building by one of the quiet pools away from the main pool and building. Buildings 51-54 & 55-58 are nice and it's not that bad of a walk to the main area.
    yep definitely agree 51-54

  8. #8
    Senior Member Vikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would rather be within better walking distance to DTD than the main building to be honest - we prefer to be away from the main areas really.
    Is that pack and play going to be suitable for a 7 month old baby to sleep in, or can I request a 'proper' cot?



  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    838
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont' know if you can request a proper cot Vikki. I know you can 'rent' actual cribs from an off-site vendor. I know Ben was a big baby, not sure if your little girl will be big too, but even at 7 months a pack n play should be ok. Typically a pack n play can be used until about 1 yr. They don't have sturdy bottoms or actual mattresses so once a baby can stand it's probably not that useful. (just MHO though)
    xxoo Rosie

  10. #10
    Senior Member Vikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see. I guess we'll wait and see if she is as much of a giant as her brother (well remembered Rosie!).



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •