Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 week beyond our return to reality...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it has now been a week since the end of our trip to Orlando, and reality has reasserted itself fully... such is life.

Compared to Dawn, i do not tend to suffer the post-disney-blues, so it can be easier for me to adjust back into real life. 3 days of jet-lag not withstanding!

Anyway, looking back I now have some great memories of our 2 weeks over in Orlando. While this holiday was a long time in coming (7 years since the last disney holiday), it was worth the wait because Steven was with us, and now at a perfect age to really appreciate the experience. And through his eyes, we all gained a new level of enjoyment ... and earache from the almost continuous monologue he was generating, fuelled by sensory-overload mixed with his rather wild imagination!

Some good bits among many:

• Food - oh yes, i need say no more!
    • Villa & private pool - fantastic, would much prefer to do that again than a hotel.
    • Parks & Disney in general - do i even have to give a specific reason?
    • Air Conditioning :D

Not-so-good:

• High humidity - i do not personally cope too well with humidity... putting on sunscreen was amusing, as it was just sliding straight off me!
    • 8+ hours flights & all the airport stuff - such is the reality for those of us this side of the big pond.
    • 2 weeks of relentless activity catching up on you when you get home, on top of jetlag - i felt like a zombie on my first day back at work.
    • Returning to the normal daily routine...

And as i sit here staring at the post-holiday ironing mountain that i am avoiding doing, a random thought occured to me:

"Cargo Shorts are Awsome!!!" - I took 3 pairs of them with me, and a another pair with detachable lower legs (specifically to defeat mosquito's while at Kennedy Space Centre).

Given that my primary role while going around the parks was "pack mule", i ended up carrying a lot of stuff.... and at one point i had 4 drinks bottles riding in the cargo pockets ... so useful! :D

Ah well, better go climb Mount Ironing!

... 'nuff said

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a black cloud all around me.

Getting back to school was good though. Everytime a senior staff member popped into our class and asked who did anything good over the summer my hand was the first one up.

I will do the trip report, honest injun. Just give me more time please. Unlike last trip, I now work full time. I will put more photos up too.

Oh and I think cargo shorts are brilliant too. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm usually ready to come back after a couple of weeks but then once actually back reality hits :( sigh

The airport and eight/nine hour flights are hideous though and though I know they're worth it, I wish someone would invent a teleportation system.

I don't do cargo shorts though, I just don't think I could inflict that upon America

Great that you folks had such a brilliant time and I'm loving the trip reports
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great trip, reality stinks sometimes!!!!It's just so nice being all together as a family and having to go back at first kinda sucks But you can start planning the next trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    it was worth the wait because Steven was with us, and now at a perfect age to really appreciate the experience. And through his eyes, we all gained a new level of enjoyment
    Sharing WDW with a child is really special.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Having made many long intercontinental trips when I was traveling for work I can empathize with you. It does take a while to get caught up but it can certainly be well worth it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Long flights TO a destination don't bother me, but as soon as it's 'home time' for me, I just want to be home. I hate dealing with airports coming home from somewhere.

Glad you are settling back into the routine of being home, hopefully your mood will lighten, Dawn
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh, has it been a week already!!! Im not so bad on the flight out its the one coming back that i dont like, theres nothing that can make me sleep on a plane and i end up being absolutely exhausted!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pleased to hear you had a great time. I to am one thats happy to fly there but hate the thought of the journey coming home.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can fly for 6 hours and still not have left Australia - you guys are wimps! :D

Here to the UK is an average of 27 hours depending on the connections you get.

To the East Coast of the US is about 20-24.

I do sympathise with the post-Disney blues though - those I understand!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast