Thread: how good or bad is the brown derby?

Post Thanks / Like
    is the brown derby worth the money coz it seems expensive for a park place but if its really good we'll go if its no good, whats the best place to go to in whatever mgm is called now

Post Thanks / Like
    You know? I've not ever dined there! I've never been too impressed with the choices on the menu or the cost. The reports we've had here fairly recently are that it's not that great of a place to dine.

Many members here really enjoy Prime Time 50s Cafe.

Oh and they've renamed MGM Studios (which is what some of us will always call the park! :D ) to Disney Hollywood Studios.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Years ago (1997 or 1998) the Brown Derby was excellent! It used to be one of our favorite places to eat.

However, these days, I'm not so sure. We haven't be back in quite a while and the reports from other people who've tried it have been less than stellar.

Like Tink says, the 50's Prime Time Cafe is now our favorite dining experience although it's totally unlike the Brown Derby.

Tom (... when do we eat?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 231710
    Years ago (1997 or 1998) the Brown Derby was excellent! It used to be one of our favorite places to eat.

However, these days, I'm not so sure. We haven't be back in quite a while and the reports from other people who've tried it have been less than stellar.

Like Tink says, the 50's Prime Time Cafe is now our favorite dining experience although it's totally unlike the Brown Derby.

Tom (... when do we eat?)
    I absolutely agree with Tom. Like the original Brown Derby in Hollywood this one is past its prime and IMHO needs to be shut down and reopened as something more interesting. The best thing on their menu is their Cobb Salad, which you can also get at lunch time. We just don't do this place for dinner any more.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo, post: 231684
    is the brown derby worth the money coz it seems expensive for a park place but if its really good we'll go
    We went for the first time last September. The restaurant itself is very nice inside. The food was of a good quality and the service was efficient and friendly. ( Whilst drinking a glass of wine I discovered that the glass was cracked. They apologised profusely and gave us a half-bottle of wine. )
    However, if you do go, my tip is to go for an early lunch. The meals are much cheaper than in the evening, for the same food. Also, it's quieter and you'll get served faster.
    [CENTER]