Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Day?

Post Thanks / Like
    We have no plans set in stone so just want to be all casual, what eateries will be open Christmas Day please? Does Florida close down for the day?

Post Thanks / Like
    Many places will be open, the chains in particular. Unless you really, really don't care what you have to eat on Christmas, you will need to make a reservation or ADR, regardless of where you are (on site or off).

Some shops will close, some restaurants, some groceries. All depends upon where you are, for the most part. Privately owned places will be closed, but there aren't too many of those left in the Orlando area.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, geez. I made my brother go with me to MK on X-Mas day a few years ago. I'm glad we got there early because they actually had to shut the gates. By 1pm they were at capacity and it was wall-to-wall people. We got on all the rides we wanted to go on but, in general it was CRAZY busy! Seeing the park decked out in holiday style was fun, though.
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it's a must do, at least once. The parks are jammed to the point of reaching capacity in many cases. I was in EPCOT one year when it closed due to capacity. We were actually shoulder to shoulder in the world showcase. It was kind of scary!

MK almost always closes the gates on Christmas, and frequently DHS does too. AK has been known to also!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the area hotels that have banquet facilities. They may do X-Mas buffets, as well as golf courses and country clubs. Also, Chinese restaurants are always open on Christmas! Movie theaters are also always open. You could feast on popcorn and Twizlers and see the new Disney princess movie, "Twisted"!
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    We may pop in to MK then chill at the villa. Get some snacks in for the day. We can't handle big meals so chillin' will be all good to us! lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, the movie theaters are open. I've done that with family once. It was odd at first, but then when I noticed all the other people at the movies it didn't feel so weird.

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to a cinema seems to be a very popular thing to do on Christmas!!!

Publix makes up holiday dinners (in their entirety) all you have to do is purchase the "basket" and you are good to go. You could get one for the villa and nosh all day.

If you plan to "pop into MK" on Christmas day, you'd better be at the gate before opening or your running the serious risk of being disappointed. MK has been known to close to capacity within the first hour on Christmas day!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I could muster up enough courage to try a park on Christmas Day...way too many people for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've done it a couple of times just because but we don't last long. One year, the year after all the hurricanes... we were at OKW for Christmas and it POURED miserably all Christmas Day. We stayed cozy in our one bedroom villa and had a lovely day, so you can indeed be on property and not in a park on Christmas and still have a nice day. We felt really bad for all the folks who went ahead and tried to do "outdoors" that day. What a mess.

That happens sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast