Thread: Childrens Cameras

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought id ask for your expert opinions on this one! :D
    DD will be 4 on her next birthday in November, she looves taking photos and im often found to be chasing her round trying to get my camera back! So, we have decided to get her her own camera for her birthday. My question is, a childs camera is 40-50, do you think its worth getting one of these or getting a cheaper adult camera for around the same price?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get one of those Fisher Price jobbies - my phone has a better camera on it than those things.

My parents bought Steven a little digital camera from Tesco for his birthday this year. It only has a couple of buttons on it to master and takes nice pictures for a first camera. Nice small buttons for small hands too.

Post Thanks / Like
    My son loves taking photos so for xmas last year his grandad brought him a samsung digital camera which he loved, it was very good as a first camera as it was basic and it also had little extra built in softwear so he could edit the photos on the camera.
    He has just upgraded to a Fujifilm which is a little more advanced to use but he loves it.
    So I would say get a adult basic camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks both, i think i will go for a small adult camera. DD isnt into handheld games etc so the vtech one that has all the fancy bits and bobs on i think will be a waste of money. The fisher price one, well, if the photos are terrible then quite frankly whats the point!!
    Ive bought her a lovely tinkerbell bag for her birthday, a little adult camera will fit quite nicely in there, the childrens ones all look quite bulky in the catalogue