Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas Needed to Finish A Story

Post Thanks / Like
    Ideas Needed to Finish A Story - Story Finished & Added

OK, for one part of my english assessment I have to finish off a story. The title is The Brass Teapot.

Basically a couple are struggling money wise, have just had to bail they daughter out of uni so she can re-sit her exams. On the way home they stop at an antiques stall and the woman purchases a brass teapot.

When she gets home and her and her husband are unloading the car the woman heres a tinkling sound. Upon checking she sees that there are 5 1 coins inside the teapot.

I have to finish the story .... HELP!

I know I want the teapot to be magical. A lot of people are suggesting wining the lottery but I want something more exciting than that.

Any ideas??

Post Thanks / Like
    Also in the teapot is the message " use as you will", the couple ponders that message all night long, the next morning the women takes some of the money in order to pay a bill ( or fill in the blank) and comes across a homeless person who needs the money more than she. So what does she do? Gives the $$ and something wonderful and unexpected happens. This occurs when they give other sums away!! Be creative!!!Something not so wonderful could happen if they are selfish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 232193
    .....comes across a homeless person who needs the money more than she. So what does she do? Gives the $$ and something wonderful and unexpected happens.....
    yes i like that idea......

The homeless person could share some of the money with a friend who turns out to be a secret millionaire looking for someone to help, and in turn the homless person could help them out in some way.

He could find them by advertising, in a local newspaper or something, for them to come forward and he would get all sorts pretending to be them but of course he knows what they look like.

Maybe they wouldn't have seen the advertisment but find out by some other means that he's looking for them.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooo i like it, thank you both very much

Post Thanks / Like
    We're always glad to help!!Aren't we Mairead!!!!You have to post your finished story please!!! With or without our help. What course is it for?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes would love to see your story when you've finished it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 232193
    Gives the $$ and something wonderful and unexpected happens. This occurs when they give other sums away!!
    Eek, that's odd... similar to what I was going to suggest. Although I was going to say she gives each of the coins away separately and good things happen to the recipients.
    This makes the couple very happy because they have done some good for others.
    Then the teapot turns out to be rare and valuable . :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 232229
    Eek, that's odd... similar to what I was going to suggest. Although I was going to say she gives each of the coins away separately and good things happen to the recipients.
    This makes the couple very happy because they have done some good for others.
    Then the teapot turns out to be rare and valuable . :)

good idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmmmm.... or once seemingly empty another coin appears, one per "night" or one for ecah time the current one is given away.

They learn that doing good can be done in small increments (as they only ever get one coin to replace the one given away...) but takes much thought...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much for the ideas, I was drawing a complete blank and you have provided the inspiration needed :)

Its for Level 2 English, part of one of my assessments. Im doing an Access to Midwifery course with the hope of getting a place at uni next september, so this is part of that course.

I'll post the complete story once its finished.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast