Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shopping bills

Post Thanks / Like
    When are prices going to come to a stand still. I am sure prices go up every week. A kitchen cleaner i use to buy has gone up by 49pence in two months. Something surley has to be done for alll these rising costs :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here. :( What's being done in my house is buying less. :( Nothing else for it. Have to pay the contracted "bills" so something has to go.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    it's dreadful Michelle. I too am spending more on weekly shopping than ever before, yet still only getting the same amount of food etc for my money.

I have noticed some items rising by up to 50p in 1 week and when you apply that increase to the majority of items you buy it makes a huge difference to the shopping bill ~ it's just crazy.

I must admit than when i did my last shop some of the products i usually buy were actually LESS (!) so i bought a few of each to stock up, bearing in mind the boys would be off school so eating more during the day, and knowing that the price will have probably risen again by the next time i go!

It drives me mad though :(

Post Thanks / Like
    We've switched off from some of our regular type meals to less expensive ones. Meatless is a good way to cut costs.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    then there's the great supermarket scams.... "we're 10p cheaper on the following items than that other supermarket" .... of course they are, but only because they know once you're there buying those cheaper items, you'll be buying the staples which they've put up in price!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, and with the cost of gas, the days of going from store to store to buy only the sale items is fast fading. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    It's getting out of control. We've having to really look at what we're buying now. I've actually discovered the local butcher is cheaper for chicken so I get that there every time I'm in the town. We've stopped buying beef altogether and are eating more "veggie" these days - which is actually making us eat a lot healthier. Haven't really bought processed food for years - there's an emergency bag of chicken dippers in the freezer but mostly we cook from scratch. Cleaning products - I may just have to stop cleaning. :rofl:

Post Thanks / Like
    im dreading going to tesco's tomorrow lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    i have found myself buying more and more reductions and actually the reductions are even better at the moment - probably because the food is so dear. I shop in Waitrose which is definitely the dearest supermarket, but I spend far less there than I would in Tescos because I buy all my meat and fish heavily reduced. Last week I bought one kilo of braising steak for 2.50 and a 1 1/2 kg rib roast for 2.00. I shop like this all the time and my bills have even gone down because the reductions are the best they have ever been.

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinegar is a disinfectant. You can use that to clean many things. A heck of a lot cheaper (and greener) than chemicals.

Ketchup makes a GREAT copper cleaner. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast