Thread: pets whilst you're away?

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone else really really miss their pets when they go to disney how do you lesson it?

Ive thought about getting a webcam so we can look whilst we're away although now I type it it does sound a bit silly perhaps

am I the only one?

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't have pets any longer, but I can say yes. We missed our's when we were gone for any length of time. Not so sure about the webcam though... it would depend upon the "pet care giving" set up we had in place for when we were gone.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I miss Arthur tons. We are very co-dependent. In fact, I usually tear up if I have to take him to be boarded for some reason. I usually end up calling and checking up on him to see how he's doing.

Some newer kennels have "suites" with webcams. But I can't afford those.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our cat Cookie probably misses us more than we miss her. Donna said that during these last 4 days while I was in the hospital that Cookie was looking all over for me.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about anyone else but I need a clean break so to speak! If I could see them it would be worse for me. We have a very good kennel here and I trust them thank goodness. But I miss him big time when we're gone!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not allowed to mention our pets while I vacation or I get in trouble.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    While we had the dogs, we didn't vacation unless we took them with us. They were our kids and I just couldn't put them in kennels and two large dogs were a lot to ask anyone else to look after at home.

We even went on honeymoon way back (way, way back) with the dog we had at the time

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very lucky as my Cousin looks after our cat while we are away and if we take our laptop with us we Sype her and we get to see him.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am quite lucky with our house cat Ruby, as my mum comes over every day to feed her, although Ruby refuses to interact with her and just spits and swears at my mum, hahaha

We now have a new puppy and thankfully mum has agreed to have her at her home for the two weeks we will be away Jan/Feb. This is a HUGE weight off my mind as I was really struggling to find someone I trust to board her with.