Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Showcase

Post Thanks / Like
    Which is your favorite live act at Epcot's World Showcase?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the acting troupe you see roaming around. DH has been chosen several times to participate in their little plays.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure they are there anymore, but the Chinese gymnasts were incredible!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the drums in Japan and the belly dancers in Morocco.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I use to love the masquerade in Italy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy British Invasion, Off Kilter and Mo Rockin'

A couple of weeks back we were sitiing waiting for Mo Rockin to start (I have to admit that it's the belly dancer that I enjoy, not the music) and the benches were full with folk standing at the back too. Everyone was happy enough until the stunning dancer came on and then a lot of the men were dragged away or women were sitting there with a face like it had been slapped.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. I'm not a fan, Issy but I know loads of people are. I call her the wiggler. Eastern Dance is not meant to titillate the males in the audience as so often seems to happen. It was actually created by women for women and should be performed in that context. LOL. Old prude, aren't I?

I like most of the acts at the world showcase, but miss more of the old ones than I like the new ones if that makes any sense? I loved Bella Nova. Gordoon... The Living Statues, the piper in the UK...

Now, I guess my favorite would be Mariache Cobre and the Japanese Drummers along with the Japanese woman who makes the candy...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 233283
    I use to love the masquerade in Italy.
    Me too... I miss it.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 233508
    Eastern Dance is not meant to titillate the males in the audience as so often seems to happen. It was actually created by women for women and should be performed in that context.
    I wish you had been around several years ago Tink in order to pacify my DW.
    I was on a business trip to Egypt and one evening was taken to "Sahara City" which is a tented entertainment area fairly close to the pyramids at Giza.
    A bottle of whisky was placed in the centre of each table and belly dancers made sure to visit each table for a photo, which I naturally bought.
    Although I was totally innocent, upon seeing the photo my DW definitely thought that me and my colleague had been up to no good, drinking whisky [yuk] and surrounded by scantily clad attractive young ladies!
    It took me ages to convince her otherwise!

Post Thanks / Like
    See what happens when culture is misappropriated?!

I have a friend who has learned (and teaches) Middle Eastern Dance. She says that the original purpose was for women to dance (in those rolling moves) during another woman's labor. Makes sense if you watch carefully.

Clearly it's moved into more of a errrmmmm sexual context now, and you end up with good men getting in trouble with their wives for just being in the same room with "belly dancers!"

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast