Thread: San Fransisco

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we left the stunning island of Hawaii and got in toSF airport about 21.00 last night and then headed to Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf.
    Rooms comfortable but downside was we got a room by main crossroad so its a littly noisy.
    Dennys is down stairs to us so went in for breckies then off down waterfront for a stroll and sealions are back on the pier but not many of them. Went for a walk through Pier39 shops and upto Buba Gumps for lunch.
    Dropped shopping back in the room then stroll upto Ghiradelli for some chocolate goodies.
    Not sure whats on plan for tonight but will be early bed as trip planned in morning...she wont tell me where we are going so report later.

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOOOH!!!!!! Fuggedabout Ghirardelli's and track down Scharffen Berger's!!! That is THE BEST chocolate, EVAH!!!! (Yep, it's San Franciscan).

Sounds like you are having a great time!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I so LOVE San Francisco!!!!!!!

I wonder where your mystery trip is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back to hotel after a great day in a SUV with a driver/guide. Went down the coast road to Montarey and stopped at several points even Carmel the town Clint Eastwood was mayor even went into Cypress Inn a hotel that is owned by film star Doris Day...no sign of her or Clint though.
    Went into the exclusive golf complex of Pebble Beach home to the 2010 US Open cheepest round of golf is $500 the coast road from one end of the complex to the other is 17 miles, Clint Eastwood, Arnold Palmer and two other persons own the whole site and some of the homes on there are stunning with views over the bay where you got sea otters and seals as fellow neighbours!!
    If you were to think of comeing to SF i would recomend the SUV tours as they can be long days depending on where you want to see.
    Will post pics when i get back...

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like your having a great time malc. cant wait to see the piccies :)
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you get to Fisherman's Wharf and get some sourdough bread, ride a cable car, get to Chinatown etc.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 233728
    Did you get to Fisherman's Wharf and get some sourdough bread, ride a cable car, get to Chinatown etc.
    ....or Alcatraz?

Post Thanks / Like
    HOW much for a round of golf? WOWEEE! You are getting to see much of the area though, so that is a good thing!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 233729
    ....or Alcatraz?
    Yes, did you go to the prison? I very much want to visit it.

SF is on my list of must sees.