Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guest Assistance Card

Post Thanks / Like
    This coming trip will be the first time we've applied for a Guest Assistance card at WDW. We've had them on two occasions in DLRP. For some reason I've decided today's worry is all about these things!

Has anyone used one recently at WDW? What was the procedure in applying? Are they difficult to get and has anyone ever been refused one?

At DLRP they work in one of several ways. You usually enter the attraction at the exit and the Cast Member either puts you on the next ride, puts you on the next but one ride, gives you a time to return (fastpass) or tells you you can ride in 10 mins which is about the maximum Owen can wait around.

I not sure what kind of experience we will have in the parks if we aren't successful in getting a GAC but I think it will seriously diminish the amount of attractions we can appreciate!

Post Thanks / Like
    We go to Guest services in the park we go to first (any Park will do) and they give you a card to carry round with you. We did NOT need any letters or medical proof or ANYTHING. Just ask. It was good to go for ALL parks and covered all in our party.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go t guest services in your first Disney park that you visit. They will give your card for the whole holiday. It will be for your whole family.

Post Thanks / Like
    cool i needed this info too for me

thx for posting it claire
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    In my experience, at WDW they will let you use the GAC at the exits on non-fastpass rides, e.g. Small World, but you will not be allowed to use the fastpass line on the fastpass rides until all the fastpasses have run out. You have to use standby or single rider.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cathydisneynut, post: 18043
    In my experience, at WDW they will let you use the GAC at the exits on non-fastpass rides, e.g. Small World, but you will not be allowed to use the fastpass line on the fastpass rides until all the fastpasses have run out. You have to use standby or single rider.
    So you can't ride any attraction that offers fastpass using the GAC until all the fastpasses have gone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 18131
    So you can't ride any attraction that offers fastpass using the GAC until all the fastpasses have gone?
    Basically, yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cathydisneynut, post: 18043
    This isn't true Cathy, well at least not for us, for our past 3 visits we have used the fast pass line on every ride without any problems, questions, they have just looked at our GAP and let us through. No problem.

I do know that everyones GAP can have different stamps for different things, as Connah is blind it was great for us.
    Love and Hugs Catherine :tongue0011-1:

October 21st - 28th 08. Jardim Da Vau Portugal:

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought they were making it harder and harder to get one of these...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 19110
    I thought they were making it harder and harder to get one of these...
    I think they are. We have never had any trouble however with Connah being registered Blind and a cane user, its instantly visible he has a disability.

I am sure there are many people who use the system, which makes it more difficult for all the genuine folk to get them.

Ours works great for Connah, it makes his life so much easier and safer around the parks.
    Love and Hugs Catherine :tongue0011-1:

October 21st - 28th 08. Jardim Da Vau Portugal:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast