Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gay disney character?

Post Thanks / Like

well there isnt one I dont think but wouldnt it be cool if there was? what should they be called do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I don't know about you Mr. Chipndale, but some of us already recognize the gay characters? :D :D :D

Uhhhh, errrmmmm... your user name is a hint! LOL. The Genii... :D :D and some even say the Mouse Himself! (Minnie is just his beard don't you know)! LOL.

But, if you mean one that is clearly identified as gay or lesbian, that would be cool. Disney could be a groundbreaker there, but holy mackerel can you HEAR the outrage?!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Most Disney characters are a bit camp to say the least - I always thought it as an unspoken thing that male characters such as Sebastian, Goofy and many others COULD be gay. It's just never brought up.

But then I ask you, why do they need to state THIS ONE IS, THIS ONE ISN'T? I don't walk around with an "Im straight" T-Shirt no more than my lone gay friend wears one proffessing his preferences. They're just characters in the same way that we're people, so does it really make a difference?

Post Thanks / Like
    Acknowledging some differences is beneficial in a greater context, hence the Princess of Color... :)

It's more a matter, of yeah s/he is... carry on, than anything. But now we're moving from a fun speculative thread to a political one so I'll hush on the matter. :D :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Tink, didn't mean to steer it in that direction! A fun speculative thread would be much better.

You mentioned Chip and Dale (or Tic and Tac as they're called at Disneyland Paris) - I always got the impression they were related, as opposed to friends?

I agree that Mickey often acts up a bit!! Especially in the old black and white cartoons! I have the Disney Treasures dvd's of them, and always enjoy watching them.

Post Thanks / Like
    You didn't. :D

I've always felt the same about the chipmunks myself, just "parroting" what others have said.

It's a fun and silly topic that is brought up in other circles more often. It's quite funny to learn the impressions of others on the matter!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm definitely going with the Genie. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I often wonder about Ryan from HSM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think ive ever looked at a disney character and thought that they were camp! I will have to look more closely next time i watch a film i think!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they all can be found at Camp Mickey at AKL?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast