Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday thread!!

Post Thanks / Like
    that is the plan at the weekend - Its cool now we know there is one outside our bedroom window - we can watch cars pull up and rumage in the hedge

we are less worried that they are up to nefarious doings now as well

Post Thanks / Like
    :rofl:

There's about 7 up at Lancing Ring - nature reserve at top of Lancing - you quite often see people wandering about there studying their GPS and pretending they are walking their dog. I've found 6 of them so far - the last one is driving me potty.

Post Thanks / Like
    I take it you can use your Tom Tom - pretty sure there is a way to display your coordinates - It was weird - did the postcard searchand it came up with one at our lat and long. ( I know my back garden through the astronomy stuff) - there are about 8 withing a 1 mile radius

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a handheld Garmin extrex - got it off ebay for 30. Most people use those. Some use their Tom Tom but if you really get into it you're better off getting a handheld one. Then if you get really serious you need climbing gear, ropes, and probably a small boat.

First one I ever found I didn't use anything, just looked on Google Earth and realised I knew the exact tree where it was hidden.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 17446
    Off to the seaside today! Weather permitting.
    us too

taking my 400d with my big zoom to try it out so will have some more photies later :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has been grey and wet the last few days here - we're supposed to be happy because we need the rain, but it makes getting over a cold that much harder.

Had DS at home from school today as he has been poorly again.

But I heard that his passport has been processed and is on the way so we are that much closer to our trip!

Pizza's ordered and wine is chilling - Friday, Friday!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    We're chilling today - i hired the Guitar Heroes 3 for the boys (to test it with a view to buying it for DS nearly 14 birthday) and it's wicked fun, so i expect that's how they'll spend most of the day!

Might pop out to the shops later ~ might not!

If it doesn't rain we'll be off to watch the fireworks tonight that mark the start of the town festival....

:fcracker2::fcracker2::fcracker2:

Tomorrow we have DS nearly 9 birthday party, and on Sunday we'll be at the Custom and American Car show in the town, don't think DH will be showing his though as it still needs lots of work on it! :rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    Haaaaaaapy Friday. Workingtons all day today , then straight from work to a party.. Wooo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just about to go food shopping (thrilling!)
    Then, I need to prepare a bedroom for the Dragon in Law who is coming to visit for a few days. (more thrills!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Got to tidy up dining room because parents visiting week after next and their dogs will be sleeping in there and one of them is a notorious thief. Took all Steven's toys up to his room and now they're all back downstairs.

Maybe I'll just sit on the sofa and drink coffee today.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast