Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What job do you do and do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I started out teaching computer programming and database applications back in the early '80's.

Then I became a tech support analyst for a major academic awards, class rings, fine papers company in Indy doing all sorts of system work as well as front end network processing (and was recruited away by Honeywell).

Moved from there to the DC area to go to work for Honeywell. Didn't stay long because they stuck me in configuration management after they had recruited me due to my front end processing background. Only good part of this short stay was meeting John!

Went to work for gov't where I was able to put my front end network processing expertise to use. Still in the IT realm...
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 235167
    My first job in the AF Tom. Sorters, collators, multiple decks of punched card that had to be sorted a bunch of different ways and then carried across the hall to be fed into a Burroughs 263 computer. LOL
    Where at John?

I started at HQ TAC, Langley airplane patch Virginia. Doing programming for the Civilian Personnel Office. This was in '69 to '70. Then moved on to Base Data Automation at MacDill AFB in Tampa doing the programming thing on our Burroughs B3500.

Tom (... dating myself!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 235189
    Where at John?

I started at HQ TAC, Langley airplane patch Virginia. Doing programming for the Civilian Personnel Office. This was in '69 to '70. Then moved on to Base Data Automation at MacDill AFB in Tampa doing the programming thing on our Burroughs B3500.

Tom (... dating myself!)
    Started base level at Chanute, AFB, IL in 1967, went to Command and Control school at Keesler and Hanscom in 1969. From there to HQ USAFE Wiesbaden, Germany (Lindsey Air Station)

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm an accountant for an insurance company based in the financial bit of Birmingham (just off the side of town where all the banks etc are). I like my job, I'm good at it and the pay isn't bad :)

I'm also a part time teachers assistant, sort of - Louise is a year six teacher, consultant / lead teacher for her LEA and currently assistant head at her school - my evenings generally consist of the gym, dinner, then hours and hours helping her out - I proof mark maths books and point out who's not quite getting there, prepare powerpoints for her etc. I actually LOVE that part of my life and would seriously consider teaching, if it weren't for the fact that I don't think I'd be particularly good at the actual teaching part!

Post Thanks / Like
    IT and hate it :( get me out someone

when I was young I only wanted to do something not in an office and now look where I'm stucl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123