Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What job do you do and do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Another pointless post but its fun anyway

What do you do, do you like it and would you choose to do it again if you could have your time again?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my job! I teach year two kids which is age 6-7. The things they come out with are priceless! The only thing I don enjoy about it is all the pressure of ofsted and government. They should realise that if they just let us get on with doing our jobs rather than having to do a load of form filling, we'd have more time to concentrate on teaching.

Post Thanks / Like
    I took early retirement from my job as joint managing director of a medium sized engineering company that we started in 1983.
    I wouldn`t change a thing if I had to re-live my life as we had some really good years, and it enabled me to visit in excess of 40 countries throughout the World and see how the real people live rather than just seeing it through the eyes of a tourist!

Now that I am retired, the only thing I miss is the day to day banter with my work colleagues and I`m glad that I don`t have to worry anymore about keeping the company afloat in these difficult times.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've held a number of positions, all within the realm of social services, mostly for the elderly, or those diagnosed with a persistent mental illness. Adults for the most part, although I did venture into child services once upon a time.

I've recently left my last position because I was miserably unhappy working for that particular corporation.

I am now being quite careful in choosing where I'll work next. Perhaps I'll run an ALF, perhaps I'll manage social service programs... sometimes I think about returning to school!

I'd not change anything though. I don't do regrets, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I work in a shop used to love my job now I hate it with a passion I'm going for an interview on Thursday for another place but unsure if I want to work for them still doing research into them :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I work for a Vicar doing admin work and it's a nice little job.

I have been in sales for the previous 18 years so this is a doddle compared to that although to be fair i've been very lucky as I've never applied for any of my jobs, i've been approached and all of them I have worked from home so it fitted in with the boys and I worked term time only

I have been very lucky and wouldn't have changed a thing.

BUT.... if I could go back in time and have my time over I would like to give dancing a go :-)

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    i work in a private school and im in charge of the IT support dept. also buy anything connected to IT

and the best thing about it it i actually do luv my job
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a student :D I'm studying International Journalism in Liverpool and I absolutely love it

Have applied for a few Christmas jobs, got a group assessment/interview for John Lewis on Monday so fingers crossed!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a classroom assistant in a year 6 class (10-11 year olds).

I love it and wouldn't change it at all. Even when you've had the worst day ever with the kids you know the next day one of them will come up to you and say something that just makes all the bad stuff worthwhile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Used to be a teachers assistant and currently volunteering at a local school before starting an NVQ level 2 course in the hope of returning to the job in the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast