Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If youre spending the day at Downtown Disney..

Post Thanks / Like
    Have had a look at the menus, so far Bongo's is at the top of my list! Am determined not to have chips/fries at every meal this time - just because im on holiday doesnt mean i have to have them! (dont have them much at home!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 235210
    Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express for a standard lunch. Portobello Yacht Club if I want a full meal and am not planning a full meal also at dinner.
    oooo never tried portobello? what's it like?? good steak? (you know me, not a fish eater)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fish and chips at cookes of dublin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    My first thought was Bongo's for lunch with their very nice Cuban sandwich and papas rellenas. Yes, we can get better Cuban food in East Orlando, but Bongo's is not bad! (If you stick with the sandwich which is NOT served at dinner, and the papas).

We used to like Puck's but it's gone down hill so much over the past few years that we've not been in nearly a year. The last time we were there the food was ridiculously poor and we spent $80 on something that we could have had for $10!!!!! from Publix (and much better too).

If I felt like fried food we'd head to Cooke's of Dublin for fish and chips, or scallops.

I think DTD has few good choices.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We will be going to DTD but not really big shoppers so dont know if we will be there right the way up til lunchtime!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 235214
    oooo never tried portobello? what's it like?? good steak? (you know me, not a fish eater)
    Can't speak for their steak Keith. It is Italian so I normally order something Italian.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually end up at Wolfgang Pucks express or Earl's. We love love the pizzas at Puck's but they have everything from salads to spag and meatballs, and we've enjoyed it all!
    We just recently started really liking Earl's, and if I'm not mistaken Kate, I think you can get a wrap instead of a bread sandwich if you're not keen on bread.
    We had a great meal at Paradisio 37. Everything was fresh and tastey! But it was just DH and I, not sure if we would've had the same experience with DS.
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually stop by Bongos for a few appeteizers and drinks.The food is very good and the drinks are quite tasty.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    I never see it suggested, but we had a really nice dinner at Capīn Jack's :)

Post Thanks / Like
    We love earl of sandwich. We tend to order two totally different things and swap with eachother. I'm so pleased we're staying at ssr as we love lots of the restaurants at dtd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast