Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If youre spending the day at Downtown Disney..

Post Thanks / Like
    ...where would you go for lunch? It can be either in the DTD area or a hotel nearby

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 235181
    ...where would you go for lunch? It can be either in the DTD area or a hotel nearby

oo good question! hope we get some good replies with suggestions I can use

I generally stomp round reading all the menus getting more and more frustrated that I can't decide what I want. Then I'll stop by the rainforest cafe only to be told there's a two hour wait! Then usually round to the west side and a look at planet hollywood and often end up at house of blues.

I did used to really really like a restaurant at the hotel over the road at the wyndham palace (whatever it's called now). The outback restaurant there, which wasn't one of the outback chain places, was really really nice. I don't know if it's still there now though
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If you only want a snack lunch then The Earl of Sandwich do a wide range of delicious hot/cold sandwiches [all made to order], together with soup, desert and drinks etc.
    It`s always our choice for lunch so as not to spoil our dinner...in our case a large lunch and our usual dinner plans don`t mix.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 235186
    If you only want a snack lunch then The Earl of Sandwich do a wide range of delicious hot/cold sandwiches [all made to order], together with soup, desert and drinks etc.
    It`s always our choice for lunch so as not to spoil our dinner...in our case a large lunch and our usual dinner plans don`t mix.
    good plan! we do the nothing much in the day thing to wait for a nice dinner as well but I've never tried earl of sandwich.

I hope they'll be ok with me saying "nothing green anywhere near it" as I feel like need to machete my way through to the food with the amount of salad places in the states tend to put on the plate
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 235188
    good plan! we do the nothing much in the day thing to wait for a nice dinner as well but I've never tried earl of sandwich.

I hope they'll be ok with me saying "nothing green anywhere near it" as I feel like need to machete my way through to the food with the amount of salad places in the states tend to put on the plate
    It`s more of a takeaway style place Keith rather than the meals being served on plates.
    My DW tends to go for a simple tuna melt and I opt for a hot beef/cheese sandwich that I think is called the "Original"..although I may be wrong there.
    In any case the sandwiches are yummy.

Post Thanks / Like
    We often spend a full day at DTD but usually have a meal at Bongos in the evening.
    However, if we are just spending a few hours at DTD and want a snack, we'd go to Cooke's of Dublin and just share a portion of fish and chips. I'm one of those who actually don't like the sandwich's at Earl of Sandwich.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the bread like at Earl of Sandwich? I have found the bread i have tried in Florida is a bit too sweet for me and im not to keen on it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd skip a proper lunch and head to Ghiradelli's and go for a lovely big sundae with hot fudge sauce .... a perfect lunch for a special treat :-)

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 235206
    I'd skip a proper lunch and head to Ghiradelli's and go for a lovely big sundae with hot fudge sauce .... a perfect lunch for a special treat :-)

Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express for a standard lunch. Portobello Yacht Club if I want a full meal and am not planning a full meal also at dinner.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast