Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: snakes and bugs?

Post Thanks / Like
    someone tell me that there arent really slimy snakes slithering slinking across the paths and things or I'm not going :(

Whilst Im at it, so many bugs cover the doors that you cant see the hotel door and as soon as you go out you're covered in them? REALLY? :( say it aint so?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never seen either during any of our Disney World holidays.

Are there bugs? Sure. But Disney employees natural exterminators. They bring in specific bugs that keep the population of other bugs in check. I suppose the worst would be during what they call "love bug" season in Florida. However, I've been there during that time and they've never been a problem.

Snakes? There's probably some somewhere. It's Florida after all. But I've never, ever seen one on Disney property. Ever.

Tom (... snake-phobic. Not too happy with bugs either!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have never seen any snakes on WDW property but I did see one around 4ft. long outside our villa last year!...I didn`t stay around long enough to find out if it was venomous or not, in fact the critter seems more scared of me than I was of it.

As Tom said, the worst period for bugs is when there are swarms of love bugs around at certain times of the year. That said, it is Florida after all so you are bound to see the odd bug here and there although I`ve seldom seen any on WDW property.

Not wanting to scare you witless, but we did see a big alligator waddling across the parking lot at the GF one year, but this was indeed a rarity despite the fact that they say that there are more alligators than humans in Florida.

Taking all that on board, we have been going to Florida for around 20 years or so, and none of the local wildlife has ever deterred us from making numerous return trips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bring mosquito repellent for biting or stinging insects. There are mosquitos and tiny little gnats that can dine on you if you aren't prepared.

As for snakes? Well, yes. I've seen a couple at Disney, and yes, I was totally freaked out.

Don't walk into deep brush, or bushes, and you'll be fine.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never seen snakes but there are lots of cute tiny lizards.
    The only bugs that are a nuisance are the mosquitoes.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Only once came across a wild snake on WDW property and that was at Animal Kingdom. It slithered across the pathway near Everest.....just went along minding its own business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney does do a good job on bug patrol. I rarely have seen or been bitten by many while there.

I have only seen one snake in 31 years. We were in one of the hot tubs at OKW and it slithered right by us. It was gone in seconds.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive seen frogs,lizards,slugs,spiders,rabbits and worms but no snakes.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG. If there had been a snake slither by when I was in the OKW (or any) hot tub, I would have drowned!

I know how it must sound but I am truly terrified of snakes. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

For the record, I continue to visit (and will continue to visit) WDW on a regular basis. Wouldn't want anyone to think I had a true phobia or anything. ;)

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    never seen a snake in FL anywhere
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast