Thread: how to get a new job?

Post Thanks / Like
    ok Im fed up and I want a new job, anyone else?

Whats the best way to go about it? carpet bomb the world with my cv or an agency or monster.com ???????????

help

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the most important place to start is a few questions- what do you do now, what are your qualifications / skills, and what do you want to do?

Post Thanks / Like
    i found when i got into IT i just sent my CV to everyone, they say its the best way to get a job. most agencies jobs are gone thru internal promotions anyway but by law have to advertise them, so in effect your applying for a job that doesnt exist
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm, well I essentially do something like this:

Check the websites daily (those that have potential positions that I may be interested in). When I find one that sounds likely, I follow the instructions to apply.

Stay in contact with anyone in the field that I am interested in.

So far, I've had results from both efforts: Interviews from "those you know" and interviews as a result of a sent in application.

Then, be fussy. Be VERRRRRY fussy. If you are unhappy now, be sure you don't go from the frying pan into the fire, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The last time that I was looking for a job I sent out 50 cvs (with a covering letter) to anyone that I thought it would be interesting to work for.
    Out of those, I got 3 interviews and 2 offers.
    The job I took hadn't even been advertised as my letter arrived 2 days before they were going to place an ad.
    Good luck with your search.
    [CENTER]